+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Applying for The Amazing Race 5

I think the estimate is low from your guy at the mailbox place. CBS expects to receive around 20,000 applications for TAR5, they've stated.

I'm really THAT Dave
    My thoughts on the application process for TAR5, FWIW:

10,000 apps might be about right this time. Remember that there was no general announcement that they were looking for applications, save for the web. Also, the announcement didn't come out until after TAR4 had ended. That probably helped to eliminate many who would have applied was the show still airing. I'd say 10K might be close to the number.

Also - someone earlier said that they would announce here if they (or their friend) got selected for an interview. That's just plain dumb. From the word go you are instructed that you CANNOT tell anyone (outside of immediate family, and even then it's iffy). Announcing it on a message board would probably nix any chance you had. Heck, prior to us getting picked I was an Admin at another message board, and I never mentioned it on any of the boards. I sure as heck wouldn't let it out if I were you.

(Of course, if you wanted to drop ME a PM and ask a few questions, I'd certainly help - as well as keep my mouth shut!)

Dave

Interviews

This is my first post so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing but here goes.
    I'm sure quite a few of us have applied to be on the show. Is there anyone out there that knows what to expect if called for interviews, like attire, interview questions, etc.?

If the application deadline has already passed, when will CBS take down the application itself? It seems strange that they would leave it up even after the deadline has passed if it is in fact a true deadline.

I wondered the same thing this season on Big Brother (BB). The application for BB4 was still online up until like two weeks before the show started airing!

I would just think that they wouldn't want the applications to still be coming in if they just get thrown away, but then again, if it's not a TRUE deadline, that kind of stinks because people might not apply because they see that the deadline has passed.

Hmmm . . .
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

FORT Newbie
    If TAR4 is anything to go by, the application stays up for quite some time. IIRC, TAR4 app was up until early May (right before they posted the contestant info on TAR4).

Would anyone have any information about calls? Have they gone out?

FORT Newbie

posted on another board about call backs

Quote Originally Posted by girllostname
    Would anyone have any information about calls? Have they gone out?

Thought you'd want to know. I just spoke with the casting department for AR5 and they said they are so far behind with reviewing applications/tapes that they don't expect they will be able to contact anyone to move onto the next phase until the latter part of the first week in November or the second week in November. Hope this helps and puts any fears to rest. Also, they said the teams who will move on to this next phase will be contacted via phone.

thanks!

Thanks for the information! Oh my gosh! Now I can relax (well at least for another week!)

Ang

FORT Newbie
    My husband and I applied. We're both engineers but NOT the geeky type believe it or not.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgrmac

Thought you'd want to know. I just spoke with the casting department for AR5 and they said they are so far behind with reviewing applications/tapes that they don't expect they will be able to contact anyone to move onto the next phase until the latter part of the first week in November or the second week in November. Hope this helps and puts any fears to rest. Also, they said the teams who will move on to this next phase will be contacted via phone.
    Wow, I guess that's good. But I wonder why they are behind if they got less tapes than years past.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast