+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drastic Changes to TAR5???

Drastic Changes to TAR5???

From today's Hollywood Reporter:
    Executive producer Bertram van Munster declined to reveal any details about the "drastic changes" he said the producers are making to keep the series fresh, but promised that the show's regular viewers "are going to be in for a big surprise."
    Little changes, I don't mind. But drastic changes worry me.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    From today's Hollywood Reporter:

Little changes, I don't mind. But drastic changes worry me.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    I agree. If I want to see big changes and twists, there's plenty of other reality shows that have them. TAR doesn't need them. True, there are a few thing I'd like to see changed, but there very minor. If there hoping to gain viewers by making changes, they could in fact lose some. Let's hope the word drastic was a typo or a type of publicity.

Maybe some changes we suggested in our thread would be nice

Here's a link to that Hollywood Reporter article via Yahoo! News, and another link to a similar article that quotes Bertram from Variety, where he says,

"We're working on a new race route right now and plan to make several changes to keep the show fresh," executive producer Bertram van Munster tells Variety. "But the foundation of the race remains absolutely the same."
    So I really wouldn't needlessly worry over these planned changes yet, as it's gonna take awhile for TAR5 to air. Besides, I have faith in Bertram, Elise and the producers; they haven't let me down yet. Now if Bertram says they're having 2 teams of 16 members each for TAR5, then that's the time to worry.

I wonder if these "drastic changes" were part of a deal with CBS in order to keep the show going. CBS may have gone to the producers and said we'll give you another season but you are going to have to make some serious changes, this is what we want to see -- I really hope that didn't happen. I hope they are making the changes because they want to make the changes, with the belief that they are making the show that much better.

Hearing that they are absolutely not changing the foundation of the race is comforting. Hopefully they will change it so that the fate of the teams is a little more in their own hands ( versus the luck factor), that the outcome will be determined a little bit more by the decisions the teams make and the speed at which they are able to get there and not by a plane being delayed in departing by 2 hours. As long as they are able to make it and keep it exciting. I don't like the bunching but it does keep it exciting and it does give teams that fall hopelessly behind(many times by no real fault of their own) a chance to catch up.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Well... I do not mind the drastic changes. Just hope they are original, and not copy chunks from other shows and stuff. As for the regular viewers having a "big surprise", I can't wait. I love surprises and excitement ! Give it to me, Baby !!!

Well, I believe in TAR's producers. Hopely the "dreatic changes" is not as bad as BB had pulled out.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by imbiyerna
    Here's a link to that Hollywood Reporter article via Yahoo! News, and another link to a similar article that quotes Bertram from Variety, where he says,

So I really wouldn't needlessly worry over these planned changes yet, as it's gonna take awhile for TAR5 to air. Besides, I have faith in Bertram, Elise and the producers; they haven't let me down yet. Now if Bertram says they're having 2 teams of 16 members each for TAR5, then that's the time to worry.
    Thanks for the link. Thinking about it now, I can;t beleive JB and the whole production teams would go out and make the show entirely different. They know from critics and from fans that we like the show the way it is.
    When they say they have a new race route, I wonder if that means there going to different countries this time, or if instead of starting in Europe (or heading in that direction, anyway) that they'll start over Asia or head that way instead.
    Personally, I'd like to see them start in their first destination instead of starting here in the states and then having the race be determined by who gets on what plane. Every season, the last team eliminated was on the last plane. So it'd be nice if they started in there first destination and had to drive to their route marker or something like that.

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    I really hope the only change is that they go west around the world instead of going east. The Amazing Race is perfect the way it is. And that is one of the beauties of it because it doesn't have to add twists and turns to keep viewers coming back for more like all the other reality shows do.

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NBCDaytimeFan
    I really hope the only change is that they go west around the world instead of going east. The Amazing Race is perfect the way it is. And that is one of the beauties of it because it doesn't have to add twists and turns to keep viewers coming back for more like all the other reality shows do.

Perhaps they're considering adding a team or two and making it a few episodes longer.
    "Reality is merely an illusion abeit a very pesistent one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast