+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 4 Wins an Emmy!

YAY!!!!! EMMMY WIN!!!!

Finally, the recognition TAR deserves!

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    w00t w00t...... i hope they will definitly have ar 5 now hehe.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnit
    I'm kinda disappointed that the cameras didn't at least show a snipet of
    Reichen and Chip at that time since they are there.
    They were there? Awesome!
    Reichen and Chip: True American Heros!!!!

I still think that Kathy shoulda won S4!

Quote Originally Posted by CJT
    I'm still teary eyed. Finally the recognition they deserve!
    This is the best game show I've watched in my entire life and
    I'm not kidding!!! I love American Idol and Survivor but
    the 2 doesn't even come close!!! I can't wait for the
    5th Installment TAR 5! I hope they win again next year
    as this year's Emmy was based on TAR 3.

Kudos also goes to Phil, Reichen and Chip who looked
    AMAZING tonight!!!

Everybody JUMP for JOY!!!

I couldn't agree more!!!! I too was yelling, screaming, clapping and tearing up when they annouced TAR had won. The friend I was watching with had to remind me that I hadn't actually won anything myself. However, the more I thought about it, the more I do believe I (and other TAR fans) "won" - I/we have (hopefully) WON the privilege to see TAR5, 6, 7, etc.

LONG LIVE THE AMAZING RACE - DON'T DISAPPOINT US, CBS!!!
    It's over for this season but PLEASE give us more of
    THE AMAZING RACE!!!
    Please Please Please CBS - give us TAR5!!!!!!!
    I The Amazing R A C E !

FORT Fogey
    An interesting bit from this article...
    'Farscape,' 'Scrubs' Dominate Zap2it's Emmy Polls

"The Amazing Race" won best reality series in the Shadow Poll.

Readers also disagreed with the academy when they voted on the actual nominees, with only "The Amazing Race" matching up to the winner of the Zap2it poll.

Woohoo!! Yipee!! Yahoo!!

I am sure my wife could not hear anything after the anouncement that TAR had won the Emmy, as I screamed uncontrollably as soon as they made the announcement. I was so excited and happy for all of them. It was great to see Phil go up on stage and to actually see a lot of the other people that are involved with the production of the show. I think Phil's smile said it all. And I'm assuming from other comments that Bertram was the one that gave the acceptance speech. Which one was Jerry Bruckheimer? Someone else said that he announced CBS had not yet given the green light for the actual production of TAR5 backstage? I'm kind of surprised that Jerry did not make the acceptance speech.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION EVER.

Lets hope this leads to many more of The Amazing Race years to come and may it start with the renewal of TAR for the upcoming season. We need to continue to spread the word to others so maybe this becomes a reality because we don't want to face this same renewal question next year.

I also loved the tributes to Bob Hope and John Ritter, to see Walter Conkrite come out on stage and to see Debra Messing win the Emmy.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Thearnon
    And I'm assuming from other comments that Bertram was the one that gave the acceptance speech. Which one was Jerry Bruckheimer? Someone else said that he announced CBS had not yet given the green light for the actual production of TAR5 backstage? I'm kind of surprised that Jerry did not make the acceptance speech.
    Correct. Bertram van Munster gave the acceptance speech. He probably was afforded the honour of making the speech because he's the creator of TAR, along with Elise Doganieri. Bruckheimer was the one holding the single Emmy presented on stage. Everyone listed in the nomination (including Phil) later received his/her own Emmy backstage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a picture of the crew:

Oh and is that Jeff Probst I see sitting down and smiling in the bottom right of the middle picture from the post above? Neat.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Oh and is that Jeff Probst I see sitting down and smiling in the bottom right of the middle picture from the post above? Neat.
    I went back to check out that particular scene of the broadcast and you're quite right - it is Jeff Probst. In fact, in a particularly ironic seating arrangement, Probst was seated right in front of Phil, with Ryan Seacrest (host of American Idol) seated in front of Probst. (see pic below)

I wonder if Jeff and Ryan were doing the fake clapping bit, thinking that they might have missed out on their best chance of winning an Emmy?

Here are a couple of other photos featuring Phil with Reichen & Chip. Sorry, but the one of R&C with the roses in their teeth is just a thumbnail - the fullsize pic costs $$ that I didn't feel like shelling out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't know if Ryan was fake-clapping, but Paula said backstage that she's a big fan of TAR.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast