+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 4 Wins an Emmy!

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Would have appreciated a *SPOILER* in the title of this thread for those who haven't seen the show yet.

Oh, please. Its the Emmy's.
    Last edited by invisible777; 09-21-2003 at 11:11 PM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion abeit a very pesistent one."

Yes. For crying out loud, it's a single category in an awards show, and I think you should agree that we're all just dying to scream out the fabulous results to everyone--we're just that happy for the show.

Agree or disagree with my request, that's fine. But please watch the insults, invisible.

edit: thanks for the edit, invisible.
    Last edited by Zaius; 09-21-2003 at 11:17 PM.

FORT Regular
    Just let me jump in say

WAY TO GO!!!

Always knew that The Amazing Race was the BEST reality program out there!

Amazing Race won the Emmy Award! Congratulations.

FORT Fan
    Like everyone else, I'm glad TAR won the Emmy, which will now hopefully bring some serious attention to the series. This could also perhaps make CBS air the fifth season during the regular season (most likely in March 2004) instead of the summer. "Survivor" wasn't at the top of its game last season, and I've never watch "Idol" and don't plan to start. I only hope the fifth is as good as the fourth season.

As far as the spoilers go, I was under the impression that the Emmy's are presented live on both coasts. They are obviously live on the East coast, so perhaps I am mistaken. But, major news organizations, like the Associated Press, are already reporting lists of winners, so what's the big deal? If someone wants to know who wins ahead of time (in case it isn't live on the West Coast), a person has plenty of avenues in which to get access to the information. Besides, now long will CBS wait until it plasters acknowledgements to its winners (like TAR, Brad Garrett, Doris Roberts, etc.) on their website?

Real Life Scarlett O'Hara hellopeaches's Avatar
    Crap...I forgot to tape the awards! Oh well, at least TAR won! I'm so excited! YYYAAAAYYYY!

Spoilers, TAR winners and speech

Sorry you had to find out the results like this Zaius. I know you've been kind of robbed of the moment of finding out first hand like most of us had. Hope you can still be happy that TAR kicked some major Survivor and Idol butt at the Emmys though.

I usually try to avoid going on line when I haven't seen something and I don't want to hear the results yet.

As an extra thought, if it was TAR3 that won the Emmy, shouldn't Flo and Zach be on stage and not just Chip and Reichen?

Also, I thought it was great that the guy who made the speech (Bertram?) thanked all 48 teams (Wait? Were there 48 or 46? I read somewhere that there were only 10 teams during the first year), and not just the TAR3 group.

WAY TO GO!

Liat

Agree or disagree with my request, that's fine. But please watch the insults, invisible.
    Woohoo, TAR wins an Emmy!
    Last edited by TheFlying; 09-21-2003 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liat
    Sorry you had to find out the results like this Zaius. I know you've been kind of robbed of the moment of finding out first hand like most of us had. Hope you can still be happy that TAR kicked some major Survivor and Idol butt at the Emmys though.

I usually try to avoid going on line when I haven't seen something and I don't want to hear the results yet.

As an extra thought, if it was TAR3 that won the Emmy, shouldn't Flo and Zach be on stage and not just Chip and Reichen?

Also, I thought it was great that the guy who made the speech (Bertram?) thanked all 48 teams (Wait? Were there 48 or 46? I read somewhere that there were only 10 teams during the first year), and not just the TAR3 group.

WAY TO GO!

Liat
    Yes I am very happy that TAR won! Concerning people's opinion that the emmys can't be spoiled, I beg to disagree. It is a program like any other, and some people are interested in discovering the developments first-hand like any other programs. I'll just agree to disagree with you, because this isn't the thread to talk about that .

But yes I am very happy that TAR won and hope that it will continue to win in the years to come!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast