+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Idea for TAR5 Finale...

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar

My Idea for TAR5 Finale...

I have a pretty clever idea about how TAR could make the finale's even MORE exciting then they already are. Like Survivor does, why not film the ending of TAR LIVE? Of course this may seem impossible, but figure it this way:

Let's say they make the TAR5 finale 2 hours. The first 1 hour 1/2 to 1 hour 3/4 would be normal TAR footage. Then it would cut to a live feed... Phil would be standing with the racers on the finish line platform. Perhaps he would even walk around an talk them all briefly (since, keep in mind, most of them all would have JUST come from Sequesterville) "They're only moments away...Who will win? (etc.)" Phil would psyche up the audience. Camera's would keep an eye on a door or gate or top of the hill until the victors emerge, crank up the TAR victory music. Bam! Live AR ending.

I bet a lot of you think this is impossible--you could be right. Producers would have to organize this in a manner so that teams would essentially get all stuck together at one point, maybe 3-4 hours from the finish line. Timing would have to be perfect in order for the finale to not run more then 2 hours. Of course unforeseen delays could occur during the race, in which case the producers could build an extra 3-5 days into the race for "emergencies". If those days aren't all spent by the time the final leg comes, then the racers would just have one very extra long Pit Stop.

Keep in mind, the producers would have to have a top notch editing and post production team. Footage and audio taken by camera teams would have to be sent (via satellite I would imagine) back to CBS for immediate production, since the race would (basically) be happenning in "Real-time". It's a long-shot, but who knows...

I'm sure I'm missing a few gaps in the logistics department, but I dunno, I got bored tonight Gimme some input.
    "Reality is merely an illusion abeit a very pesistent one."

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Did you go to your doctor recently? The Amazing Race is filmed 6-7 months in advance!

Notice in Austrlia in TAR4, The wool farm's date was Feburary 15th 2003.

FORT Fan
    Sounds like it would be a good idea, but not quite necessary. There is no huge market for the inside info on who the final winners will be. The people who are involved with the show have - I believe - a real interest in the drama of the show and want people to watch it. If they were to try to hide that info behind a live finale like Survivor does then it would be a waste of time and money.

If they just re-enact the finale on stage then it would really be bad. Since the racers are not actors, they would not hold an audience by faking their excitement. Also, what if team 2 were 90 minutes behind team one? By the letter of the law they cannot shorten or edit out the time between the teams. As a prize giving (game) show, they are not allowed to modify the end result.

But as for having a reunion show immdiately after the finale I think is a good idea. During the race we learn a lot about the personal lives of the racers, and since the race ends months before the finale is shown it would make since to assume that the racers have fun/exciting/sad stories to tell. This reunion would be more than the 6 minutes on the Early Show (cheers for their hyping the Race). I want to hear more from the Tangerines, clowns, etc. How did the race effect their lives after it was over? That is the true drama of the show.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AR Boy
    Did you go to your doctor recently? The Amazing Race is filmed 6-7 months in advance!

Notice in Austrlia in TAR4, The wool farm's date was Feburary 15th 2003.
    Um, Amazing Race 4 ended on Feburary 14th, they mentioned it on tv. Also, it was due to air early but star search pushed it back. It ended 2/14, and it air 5/28... not really bad...
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Just come to Singapore again, I beg of you !

have a reunion show... my only wish

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Just come to Singapore again, I beg of you !
    LOL! I wouldn't mind that either...

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    LOL! I wouldn't mind that either...
    Seriously, if they are dropping by Singapore again, I will camp in the airport ... ! Haha ...

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Seriously, if they are dropping by Singapore again, I will camp in the airport ... ! Haha ...
    they may also be at the airport in transit...

+ Reply to Thread