+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TAR5 Applications are up

FORT Regular
    Let me reiterate waht I posted in the Save TAR letter campaign thread. If you are not in the US, you can still write to your local broadcasters and advertisers in support of a renewal of TAR, and since CBS is a co-producer and co-owner of the show, there's nothing to say you cannot write to Mr. Moonves, Ms. Tettem, and Mr. Maynard in support of renewal.
    >|p >|p

Assuming they ever REALLY put the applications out there, my guess would be for TAR5 to air in Summer 2004. While it may be theoretically possible to get it done for a March or April start, it just feels more like it will be Summer again.

Regarding going against the Olympics next Summer. They would only be on for 3 weeks or so max. TAR goes about 13 weeks. TAR could certainly either 'suffer' through the Olympic weeks, or they could show something else during those few weeks. Better yet, they could do like they do with Survivor mid-season and show some highlights for a few weeks to get new viewers caught up on the race-so-far. I'd probably watch some of the Olympics, but I can absolutely, 100% guarantee that I'd be switching over to CBS to watch whatever TAR-related they would put on against it.

Quote Originally Posted by gcjag
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5/

Applications now being processed...
    i actually went to the site when it was open (and it wasnt open for that long) and it said the amazing race is looking for you. and it said to click on the thing to get the form but now i think the site has closed or u cant get it to
    it also said the race will begin in feb next year and come to telly in march next year

Quote Originally Posted by invisible777
    We know filming starts Jan 2004. It should be done by Feb 14, at the latest (2nd week of Feb).

That means...

TAR5 could be ready for March so the finale is during May sweeps...

GO CBS!! (Just do us a favor and HYPE TAR5 and advertise it a little more, ok?)

when the ar5 site was open it said they would shoot the race in feb and it will be on telly in march

Quote Originally Posted by Eligibility Requirements
    If selected as a contestant, you and your teammate must be willing to travel to numerous locations around the world lasting approximately 30 to 40 days starting in January 2004.
    So the race will be filmed mostly during January, though it might spill into February. There was no word anywhere on when the race will be shown though.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    So the race will be filmed mostly during January, though it might spill into February. There was no word anywhere on when the race will be shown though.
    I don't care when it will be shown - just as long they air it in 2004!

they can air whenever they want i dont care. im gonna watch it wherever i may at that time.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. .

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by way2gozachnflo
    it also said the race will begin in feb next year and come to telly in march next year

No it didn't. It said it would film in January 2004, tentatively. As for when it airs, who knows. My personal belief is if there is a TAR5, the finale will be during May Sweeps. Summer 2004 is also likely.
    "Reality is merely an illusion abeit a very pesistent one."

I know I'm going to apply.

Now all you need is a geezer.

+ Reply to Thread