+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TAR5 Applications are up

FORT Newbie

TAR5 Greenlighted!!!

This just in from comingsoon.net

"CBS has given executive producers Bertram van Munster and Jerry Bruckheimer the green light to begin casting for a fifth installment of the Emmy-nominated reality hit The Amazing Race.

The network traditionally lets its reality producers begin casting only when there's a solid shot of a pickup or renewal, particularly when it comes to existing franchises.

The Amazing Race 4, hosted by Phil Keoghan, was a solid Nielsen performer for CBS this summer in a difficult 8 p.m. Thursday slot, building ratings momentum as its season went along."

Might be old news to you I don't know... In case you're interested!!
    Reichen and Chip: True American Heros!!!!

I still think that Kathy shoulda won S4!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Murdock
    This just in from comingsoon.net

"CBS has given executive producers Bertram van Munster and Jerry Bruckheimer the green light to begin casting for a fifth installment of the Emmy-nominated reality hit The Amazing Race.

The network traditionally lets its reality producers begin casting only when there's a solid shot of a pickup or renewal, particularly when it comes to existing franchises.

The Amazing Race 4, hosted by Phil Keoghan, was a solid Nielsen performer for CBS this summer in a difficult 8 p.m. Thursday slot, building ratings momentum as its season went along."

Might be old news to you I don't know... In case you're interested!!

You should start a separate thread for this, cause it's getting buried at the end of this one. This is big news and great news!

Chris

FORT Regular
    There was an item at tvgameshows,net today reporting that TAR 5 has in fact been renewed, either for airing next summer, or if needed and ready as a replacement series this coming winter or spring.

I contacted two of my sources on the Save TAR letter campaign, and copied the item and asked if there was a way to confirm it.

One responded "Yup, it's gonna happen."
    >|p >|p

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    You should start a separate thread for this, cause it's getting buried at the end of this one. This is big news and great news!

Chris
    He had it as a separate thread, and I merged it.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    He had it as a separate thread, and I merged it.

Oops, my bad!

Chris

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of all the companies that count as
    the "respective licensees, assigns, parents (including, without limitation, Viacom, Inc. and The Walt Disney Company), affiliated and subsidiary companies" of CBS, Bruckheimer Films and Touchstone? After searching for a good gimmicky partner since Season 1, I finally found one, but after reading the rules I have this sinking feeling that the company that I work for is connected to Bruckheimer's (even though I have never met anyone with the company and don't get to do anything remotely connected to their shows. Damn it.). And my partner has a part-time job at Blockbuster, which is connected through CBS through the whole Viacom empire. Probably being neurotic for no reason, but I'd rather find out now than get disqualified later and be all bitter. Anyone know?

I'm positive they're not going so far as to disallow Blockbuster employees and such.

I've wondered about the eligibility (based on the company you work for) too. Seems like the obvious ones are Viacom, any of Viacom's networks, WorldRace or whatever the production company of TAR is currently going by.

But what about sponsors. The "named" sponsors during the show, such as Kodak and Royal Caribbean and American Airlines. Those seem like they may be "off limits" for Racers.

But, surely not every company that advertises. Just about every auto company, every cellular company, lots of food companies, fast food companies, and on and on. Surely employees of those cannot be excluded.

I bet the list is pretty short. Seems like they could just put the list in with the application and make it really simple. "You cannot Race if you work for: x, y, z".

And could you work for a competitor? Like an NBC employee.

Usually it's an employee of the parent company that is producing the show. In my case I work for Walt Disney Imagineering (we design and build our theme parks). We have nothing to do with the studio (tv and movies), but we are still considered employees and thus would be inelegible.

Chris

Al the clown works for Royal Carribean. Relax. Just don't tell them about your job as an editor for Letterman.

+ Reply to Thread