+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the decoy race?

I remember reading something about this too, recently. I think the rumor was that the producers would have some of the already eliminated teams do some "fake" final legs to throw off any inquisitive & gossipy locals that might be paying a little too close attention & have an internet connection.

But, I also think someone from the show, (maybe ATC Dave or someone?) debunked the rumor.

Or diiiid they?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Levdrakon
    I remember reading something about this too, recently. I think the rumor was that the producers would have some of the already eliminated teams do some "fake" final legs to throw off any inquisitive & gossipy locals that might be paying a little too close attention & have an internet connection.

But, I also think someone from the show, (maybe ATC Dave or someone?) debunked the rumor.

Or diiiid they?
    That's what I meant. Brennan said when he and Rob got their check on TES, the Frats ran on and grabbed it and jokingly said they really won. It turns out that the Frats actually ran to the finish line and crossed it first, as part of this decoy race, which is why they kidded about winning. They ran I think a day behind the teams still in the race, and it's for the reasons you said: so if an American tourist in Thailand or Australia sees them, they can't go back and say "I saw this team here, but I didn't see this team."

I'm really THAT Dave
    In Phoenix, 3 of the previously eliminated teams did "run" the last leg early in the morning, to act as decoys in case some of the locals were inquisitive.

Jon and Al did not go to loser lodge, but instead stayed with the production crew and performed the challenges in Hawaii (although they didn't do any of the Phoenix events).

And prior to the race's filming, the production staff sets up and performs all of the challenges in the months beforehand.

Could that be what you are referring to?

Dave

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    In Phoenix, 3 of the previously eliminated teams did "run" the last leg early in the morning, to act as decoys in case some of the locals were inquisitive.

Very interesting tidbit... thanks Dave.

decoy race??

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM
    I heard this refered to recently. What is it? Why does TAR run a decoy? Where did they go? What did they do?
    hmmm a decoy race i havent really heard anything about this.. sounds interesting tho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12