+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any of you feelin' blue because The Amazing Race is over??

Dex
    I just hope we won't have to wait VERY long for TAR5. Can't wait to see this forum buzzing with excitement and bustling with activities like before

I miss TAR way too much. I should seek help. Here are a few things that made me think of TAR recently.

(1) Christmas Eve, saw the movie "Elf". Near the end when Santa's sleigh is trying to take off, they are in Central Park in NY, and the sleigh flies over and clips the fountain (Bethesda Fountain) where TAR1 starting line was.

(2) A few days later, rented movie "Mr. Deeds". There is a scene in NY's Central Park at the TAR1 fountain.

(3) While flipping channels, on ESPN or ESPN2, there was a World's Strongest Man (or Woman, can't remember) competition that was taking place in Africa. Right near Victoria Falls (aka "The smoke that thunders"), from TAR1. They also showed some scenery from "Mosi-Da-Tunya National Park", which was the "Near" option for TAR1, Ep2, Detour, where they had to photograph wildlife, and then take their pictures to Chief Mukeeny in Mukeeny Village. (sp?) "This is the zebra, Chief". And in return, they got spat on.

(4) Watched Kansas State Wildcats lose in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl a few nights ago. It was at Arizona State's stadium, which of course, was near the very end of TAR4. I wonder who was sitting in "section 214 row 33 seat 11."??? That is where they found their final clue directing them to Papago Park to ride the bikes.

Anyone else see TAR in seemingly non-TAR situations?

Just think, since it will probably air like it did last year (late-May), we've only got less than 5 months 'til premiere, and (fingers crossed, optimistic, glass is half-full, etc) only 9 or 10 months until we can apply again. Maybe this time we won't have to wait until a month after it's over for apps--hopefully this time they'll take apps while it is still on-air or right afterward. Can't wait until late Summer 2005 when I get to do my interview with John about my TAR6 experiences, and then get to share (what I can, of course) with all fellow FORTers.

See, I told you I need help.

edited for typos
    Last edited by CantGetEnufTAR; 01-05-2004 at 10:57 AM.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    I miss TAR way too much. I should seek help. Here are a few things that made me think of TAR recently.

(1) Christmas Eve, saw the movie "Elf". Near the end when Santa's sleigh is trying to take off, they are in Central Park in NY, and the sleigh flies over and clips the fountain (Bethesda Fountain) where TAR1 starting line was.

(2) A few days later, rented movie "Mr. Deeds". There is a scene in NY's Central Park at the TAR1 fountain.

(3) While flipping channels, on ESPN or ESPN2, there was a World's Strongest Man (or Woman, can't remember) competition that was taking place in Africa. Right near Victoria Falls (aka "The smoke that thunders"), from TAR1. They also showed some scenery from "Mosi-Da-Tunya National Park", which was the "Near" option for TAR1, Ep2, Detour, where they had to photograph wildlife, and then take their pictures to Chief Mukeeny in Mukeeny Village. (sp?) "This is the zebra, Chief". And in return, they got spat on.

(4) Watched Kansas State Wildcats lose in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl a few nights ago. It was at Arizona State's stadium, which of course, was near the very end of TAR4. I wonder who was sitting in "section 214 row 33 seat 11."??? That is where they found their final clue directing them to Papago Park to ride the bikes.

Anyone else see TAR in seemingly non-TAR situations?

Just think, since it will probably air like it did last year (late-May), we've only got less than 5 months 'til premiere, and (fingers crossed, optimistic, glass is half-full, etc) only 9 or 10 months until we can apply again. Maybe this time we won't have to wait until a month after it's over for apps--hopefully this time they'll take apps while it is still on-air or right afterward. Can't wait until late Summer 2005 when I get to do my interview with John about my TAR6 experiences, and then get to share (what I can, of course) with all fellow FORTers.

See, I told you I need help.

edited for typos
    same thing for me in elf...was with family and when they passed that fountain (i didn't know the name...just recognized it...) i told my dad that was the start of the amazing race...he didn't care though...

and in Global history class i saw this movie about rome...of course the colloseum...the pantheon with the foucalt pendulum (AR1)

and again in Global history talking about world's tallest buildings...one of htem...Petronas (TAR3)

and the funny thing is the ONLY other person who i know watches TAR in my area....My global history teacher....

I wear the hat every day and no one knows what it was....very, very, very, sadnenning.

And remember TAR2 started March 13...maybe we'll be lucky this year without Star Search going into extra seasons and we might be in for a March 10 or 17 start date?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    ...and again in Global history talking about world's tallest buildings...one of htem...Petronas (TAR3)

I wear the hat every day and no one knows what it was....very, very, very, sadnenning.

And remember TAR2 started March 13...maybe we'll be lucky this year without Star Search going into extra seasons and we might be in for a March 10 or 17 start date?
    I too saw the Petronas Towers somewhere recently and thought of all those goofballs in TAR3 taking their pictures (of course with the Kodak Easy Share or whatever ) and then having to rush across town to get them developed.

I assume "the hat" that you refer to wearing must be the one from the CBS store? Over a year ago I ordered the long and short sleeve Tshirts. Have worn them a few times. One time I was actually travelling through the Atlanta airport and was asked about it. They were obviously not an avid fan or they would've realized that the Racers never wear TAR stuff on the race, plus the obvious lack of a production team around me, but at least they recognized the show, so they must've at least watched it some.

Regarding the start date, I see you started a thread for this so I'll go there to give my $0.02.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7
    yea. that commercial was so funny! it did remind me of the race *sighs*
    What cracked me up about the commercial was wondering "which TAR4 team would have ended up in the Amish horse-drawn cart?" The answer: the goats!
    Shaken, not stirred.

.AL
    I just hope that there will be team/s in TAR5 just like Jon and Al...They would rock TAR5 and I hope they'll take home the grand prize...

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    I saw racers when I was skiving school lol. (TAR 2)... Months before I found out WTF TAR was.
    Too bad... I think I was edited out for being rude/half drunk lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234