+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any of you feelin' blue because The Amazing Race is over??

I did my laundry yesterday and watched the MTV video awards at 8 p.m. I had to remember to turn that on instead of TAR4.

aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>, I start school part time next week. If you are a full time student, make the best of it while you can. It's doable, but not the easiest to go when you work full time. Have a good semester and make it count as one of your best!!!

FORT Regular
    I'm feeling pretty blue that The Amazing Race is over for another season. It was an awesome show and I liked looking forward to Thursday... it made the week go faster! I'm hoping there will be a TAR 5. Survivor is okay... I watch but it's not as exciting as TAR5 but I guess it'll have to do in the meantime.

Didn't want to start an entire new thread, so just picked one that was pretty close to the theme of what I was going to say/ask.

These things remind me of TAR. Have you seen them? Agree/Disagree?

There is apparently a show on Nat'l Geog Channel where they take a group of people (family, maybe, not sure) and drop them off somewhere in the world to live for a week. Not a race, just an experience. I know it's not really exactly TAR-like but it makes me think of them Racing all over the world.

Then, there is a Visa CheckCard commercial. There is a "host" guy and four "racers" with backpacks on. They are given instructions to race to somewhere with no money, phones, etc. "Go!" One guy panics and sprints away. The others all pull out their CheckCards. Those 3 easily make it across the country, while the other guy struggles begging for money, riding in an Amish buggy, etc. Very Race-like, I think anyway.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    Didn't want to start an entire new thread, so just picked one that was pretty close to the theme of what I was going to say/ask.

These things remind me of TAR. Have you seen them? Agree/Disagree?

There is apparently a show on Nat'l Geog Channel where they take a group of people (family, maybe, not sure) and drop them off somewhere in the world to live for a week. Not a race, just an experience. I know it's not really exactly TAR-like but it makes me think of them Racing all over the world.

Then, there is a Visa CheckCard commercial. There is a "host" guy and four "racers" with backpacks on. They are given instructions to race to somewhere with no money, phones, etc. "Go!" One guy panics and sprints away. The others all pull out their CheckCards. Those 3 easily make it across the country, while the other guy struggles begging for money, riding in an Amish buggy, etc. Very Race-like, I think anyway.
    yea. that commercial was so funny! it did remind me of the race *sighs*
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    When will it be back anyone have any clue ?

FORT Newbie

I don't know for sure but...

I know that I read something around the end of TAR4 that said they had seen a clue box. I also know that they recently accepted applications again. I was hoping to find more information to see if anyone had heard.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>

FORT Newbie
    Since the application states that you must be prepared to travel in January & February, the earliest it could be on the air is probably late February or early March. My guess is that it will be a summer replacement and we won't see it until the end of May or so.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    I had heard CBS was going to bring Star Search back mid season, so my guess is we'll have to wait until the end of May, like this year, because I don't know where they'll fit it in the schedule.

FORT Newbie
    Anyone got the name of that National Geographic series? Sounds interesting.

While I'm waiting for the next TAR I've been gettin' my fix with the Michael Palin (of Monty Python fame) travel documentaries from the BBC. www.palinstravels.co.uk is the website - one of particular interest to TAR fans is "Around the world in 80 days" where he races around the world. He's shadow-racing Phileas Fogg, but has to take his camera crew ("Passepartout") with him and is not allowed to take any airplanes anywhere. He ends up on lots of interesting modes of transportation. It feels a little dated since it's from the late 80's but still a very good series.

More recently he's also done series like "pole to pole" and "Sahara". They've been shown in the past on Bravo! network, and for the resourceful (and very, very patient) they can also be found on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by looper
    Anyone got the name of that National Geographic series? Sounds interesting.
    It's probably this one. I've watched a couple of episodes.
    It's nowhere near TAR, but it's a pretty good show nonetheless.

http://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/...ghlights.shtml
    CHASING TIME
    Mondays from 6th October at 8pm
    It’s fast, it’s ruthless and it’s back. There are thirteen new cities and twenty-six plucky contenders ready to race against the clock.
    Each pair is stranded in a city for twelve hours. They have to crack cryptic clues to complete eight exciting challenges.
    If they win, a luxury stay awaits them. Lose and they’re on the next flight home. Join them and task-master Trey Farley.

CHASING TIME IN SINGAPORE
    Monday 13th October at 8pm
    Website designer Martijn Bakker and magazine editor Chantalle Damen from Rotterdam tackle the city.
    They navigate go to Mr. Yong Cheong Thye's calligraphy gallery where they must write their names in
    Mandarin on scarlet paper fans and to the streets of the city where they must persuade ten notoriously
    shy local people to sing the country's national anthem.
    Then it's off to hunt for the pink orchid, Singapore's national flower; a gorilla; a sumo wrestler and a statue of Liberty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast