+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: They're using casting agents now?

I can't believe that they are using casting agents. This is suppose to be reality tv...how real can it be if they hand-pick every person on the show? This is the first time that my husband and I have ever applied for anything like this, and it really bugs me that after we spent time on the application and the video, it will probably never even be looked at.

Well, at least last time most of the racers were still selected the traditional way.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Wife
    That John Corso (runner-up with Kelly on season 4) is also the writer for the Amazing Race?

So between casting agents and their crew, do any of us little people have a chance?
    Marine Wife, can I ask where you got this information? Everything that I have seen says that Jon is a real estate agent in Florida. In fact, there apparently was some controversy because his agency wanted to use The Amazing Race in some of their advertising and it was against the contract that Jon signed.

I don't think Jon's a writer for TAR. There's not much actual writing that has to be done, save for Phil's commentary.

I say no way: he wouldn't have been selected. You can't be affiliated with the program.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...e/showid-6686/

I hope it's not true...but this is where I found it...

I would say either 1) the website is wrong or 2) he was hired after his season ended.

He lives here in South Florida (Kelly just guest starred on a Miami-filmed show) so I doubt he would be a writer.

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    I would say either 1) the website is wrong or 2) he was hired after his season ended.

He lives here in South Florida (Kelly just guest starred on a Miami-filmed show) so I doubt he would be a writer.

I am hoping the website is wrong...it was just really disappointing to read that when I found it...that's why I passed it along.

Captain of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer2002
    I don't think Jon's a writer for TAR. There's not much actual writing that has to be done, save for Phil's commentary.

There is a lot more writing than you think. Of the thousands of hours of tape someone has to go through them, extrapolate the best stuff and put it, on paper, into a logical sequence.

I do a very similar thing but for an educational video company. We shoot everything in a similar, yet scaled down, way as TAR. It takes a lot of work. The editors work from a script that the writers have put together. Believe me writing is critical to these types of shows.

It could very well be that Jon was hired on after the season ended. Who knows, unless he is a liar, he and Kelly applied just like everyone else.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can call the production company and simply ask if he is writing for them. They may give you an answer and they may not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011