+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VOTE! - Amazing Race is WAY BETTER than "Survivor"

All the moaning, griping, plotting, and etc of Survivor gets old after a while. A race get old and boring? Never. Plus there's enough excitement in the eliminations. No need for a voting ceremony.

TAR is definitely better than Survivor. There is no doubt about it.

HCE
    my vote goes to the Amazing Race. Survivor has become real stale and i stopped watching it after survivor australia. so booring and there's nothing new. all you see is the contestants backstabbing and namecalling each others.

With the Amazing Race, 12 teams of 2 will be given the chance to experience the different cultures that the places they have visited. plus, it's really a test of the mental, moral, and physical character of a person. plus, each team packs a certain wallop and characteristic which makes you hate them or love them. The winners are very unpredictable.

I gotta run against the trend and say that the last Survivor was better than the last TAR.

Overall I think TAR is the class of the reality genre, but this version had a few too many Fear Factor challenge moments for my tastes, and to me at least, it was not as exciting as years past.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_in_PDX
    I gotta run against the trend and say that the last Survivor was better than the last TAR.

Overall I think TAR is the class of the reality genre, but this version had a few too many Fear Factor challenge moments for my tastes, and to me at least, it was not as exciting as years past.
    I'll agree that last seasons Survivor was pretty good- at least better than it was in seasons past. I think it was the location, cast, and just the whole voting process that made it interesting. I mean, I didn't know who was going half the time, while on others series it was made pretty obvious. I enjoyed this season of AR, even though it took me awhile to get into it. I liked the challenges; probably one of the few who actually liked the bull pulling even if it was unfair to some teams. But the first AR will always be my fav- can anybody ever take the place of the Frats, the Guidos, or Momily?

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    I actually enjoyed the second season of Survivor. I liked the location (in Australia), the challenges, and most of all, the two teams. I think they all had a unique personality.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_d
    I actually enjoyed the second season of Survivor. I liked the location (in Australia), the challenges, and most of all, the two teams. I think they all had a unique personality.
    I agree, I think season 2 was the most enjoyable to watch. It's not so boring like the others and as you have said, it has a good mixture of personalities. The last season will come in second.

But as a loyal TAR fan that I am, TAR is still the best for me. It's just way too unique and extremely enjoyable to watch

RooTing for JON and KRIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJT
    What makes a show interesting are the contestants.
    But I think that TAR definitely kicks Survivor's @**!!!
    Amazing Race - simply nothing comes close in this world!!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CJT
    What makes a show interesting are the contestants.
    But I think that TAR definitely kicks Survivor's @**!!!
    Amazing Race - simply nothing comes close in this world!!!

TAR always have the best mixture of personalities and attitudes, giving it a more unique flavah!

RooTing for JON and KRIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by acid jazz
    I agree, I think season 2 was the most enjoyable to watch. It's not so boring like the others and as you have said, it has a good mixture of personalities. The last season will come in second.

But as a loyal TAR fan that I am, TAR is still the best for me. It's just way too unique and extremely enjoyable to watch
    Survivor 2 was actually one of the worst to me. I just didn't like the cast, the cast was picked really based on looks, they were too nice too each other (of course coming off as season where someone says they'd leave you to die in a ditch is hard to top), and you could tell most people were there for reasons other than the money (remember Jerri? Haven't seen her in awhile, must be her acting career hasn't gone anywhere.) But it was a lot better than Thailand; I think even Jeff was bored in that one. Matt Roushonce said that the even number installments are great, while the odd numbered ones were better left unshown. Since the next one is #7, we'll have to wait and see.
    Castin agents or not, AR always has the most unique and diverse group of people, among other things to make it a good show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast