+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Our Interview with Reichen and Chip, the Winners

Excellent work

I've been searching the net since i heard about the boys problems, and google finally brought me here. Let me say that your interview is even better than the Advocates - excellent work.

BTW. my favorite moment of TAR4 - when reichen is coming in on the skydive and chip turns around and says with full love and admiration - "Where's my boy". That was just a beautiful moment.

I never liked this team. I thought they would have a good chance of winning from the beginning, and once my favorites were gone in Millie and Chuck and the Clowns, I was pretty sure they were going to win. Every time they made a mistake and fell behind they managed to move back up and overcome their problems. The one time they could have been eliminated, which I was so hoping for, they made a very smart move and did the chicken collecting challenge rather than the elephant ride and got past Tian and Jaree in the process. They ran a good race for the most part. Though they did make a lot of small mistakes they never messed up big enough to get eliminated. I just wish they had lost and when I heared that they were selected by casting agents that really made me want to barf.

I don't think any of the stereotypes they were trying so hard to dispel are in any way affected by how they did in this race. Nothing will be changed in any way by what they did in the race. It kind of makes me laugh to hear that they are not together, not broken up. Is that supposed to mean they are living together in seperate beds? Sounds like a bozo answer they made up so that people wouldn't think that everything they said and stood for during the race was a farce. After all the attention and focus is off them they will probably go their seperate ways.

On the other side of things, I thought they treated others pretty well and who could not love their encounter with the Orangutangs. I wish them well in their lives and hope that they will live forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thearnon
    I don't think any of the stereotypes they were trying so hard to dispel are in any way affected by how they did in this race. Nothing will be changed in any way by what they did in the race. It kind of makes me laugh to hear that they are not together, not broken up. Is that supposed to mean they are living together in seperate beds? Sounds like a bozo answer they made up so that people wouldn't think that everything they said and stood for during the race was a farce. After all the attention and focus is off them they will probably go their seperate ways.

On the other side of things, I thought they treated others pretty well and who could not love their encounter with the Orangutangs. I wish them well in their lives and hope that they will live forever.
    I think what they meant by not together and yet not broken up is that they are still trying to solve whatever problems they are facing currently and they need to have time alone to think through it. A relationship is very difficult to give up just with a swing of the hand. Thus, though they may not be sticking to each other like glue for the time being, they still bear the hope that they can continue on as a couple. It's probably a complicated and indefinite issue, that's why they could not give a 100% confirmed answer. Fans can only wish them best of luck~

I think they are trying to dispel the idea some people have of gays that they are 'sissy', by showing them that despite their sexual orientation, they are like normal guys as well, with the brawn and brains. It must be a big step out for them.

Glad that you at least have some positive ideas of Chip and Reichen. I really disliked Millie and Chuck at first but I was really sad when they were eliminated and facing relationship problems. Glad they are still together... 12 years...
    Last edited by akari; 08-28-2003 at 02:49 AM.
    ~~ Failure is all but a detour to success~~

great interview, john! flowed like an easy conversation, which makes for a great read! thanks for taking the time to interview all the teams for my reading pleasure.

that being said, i can't let this lie... or is it lay?

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I feel for you there, I've worn those wooden shoes many times myself.
    wtf were you doing wearing those wooden shoes many times yourself????

I was waiting for someone to ask.

I was born and raised (and currently live 10 miles from) Holland, Michigan. The heart of Dutch country, and home to the annual Tulip Time Festival, where 200,000 people descend on our little city of 30,000 people for a week, to watch us all Klompendance in our traditional Dutch garb.

Most frequent question: "Do you dress like that all year long?"

We even have a couple of original Dutch windmills, brought here and reconstructed brick by brick.

http://www.holland.org/

i can't believe chip and reichen didn't ask! just accepted that as part of normal conversation and went on with the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i can't believe chip and reichen didn't ask! just accepted that as part of normal conversation and went on with the interview.
    I can believe it.
    Those shoes were trendy for awhile and everybody was wearing them. At the time, people swore they were the most comfortable things you could wear, but you notice people aren't still wearing them, are they?

Hey John! I grew up in the midwest. When I used to tool around the countryside on my motorcycle and it was amazing. You'd be out in the middle of nowhere & then boom! You find yourself in a little Holland, a little Norway, ect. Complete with the accents & language & everything. Pretty cool & most people don't realize how much of the old countries still exist here. If you can find 'em, you'll find some of the nicest people & the best eats around.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    This interview definitely cleared up a lot of unresolved issues that I had about these two.

Great interview, John! Seem like a couple of great guys who deserve the million.

That was actually one of my favorite challenges that they had this year. I wish more of the teams had tried the cheese carrying challenge. I loved the whole setup, the shoes were great. Didn't know that about your background John. I had no idea where you were from, that is kind of cool that you have something like that so close by and that you actually grew up there. I wish they had something around here like that, I would love to do something like that even just for fun.

I really liked the music they played on the show during this detour(?). Not that the cow manure detour(?) wasn't pretty entertaining too - especially with Jon and Al participating in it but I really liked that cheese challenge. It was good that at least Steve and Dave did it, because they were also one of my favorite teams. I don't remember if you had asked them about this challenge in your interview with them but I wonder what their impression of this experience was.

FORT Regular
    As I recall, Steve and Dave took a package of the cheese with them and one of them were holding it in their hands on the elimination mat. So I think they enjoyed the task.
    >|p >|p

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789