+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview with Reichen and Chip, the Winners

I've removed links to other interviews, and to links and discussion about what other sites have to say about this interview. It doesn't belong in here, and it really bugs me that it was here in the first place.

Thanks for all the kind comments on the interviews, everyone!
    Last edited by John; 08-23-2003 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    John, this is the first show I've seen that you did interviews for. Will you continue to do more interviews for other shows? You have quite the knack for it.
    I will be doing Survivor 7 interviews, but via e-mail.

Just another truly exceptional interview.

I feel almost sad though after reading it, it sounds like winning TAR has only added to their problems rather than strengthening their bonds, it's kind of weird but C&R said almost the exact same words as M&C (in their TV Guide interview) about the status of their relationship. Reading this interview and the Advocate one has given me a lot of respect for CBS and the production team as to how they supported the "married" status of C&R on the other hand its aggravating and seems kinda pointless that they didn't remotely accurately portray the relationship of R&C and K&J, it just seems it would have made for better TV to see the joking and interplay. I had ZERO clue that so many teams were picked by casting agents, that must be really frustrating for the folks who sent in tapes. I guess my thought that the were picked to fill a niche needs to go on the junk pile. Ah well I send out happy thoughts to two guys who deserve all the fruits of victory. Cheers.
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Thanks so much for the interview!
    Its so nice to hear what Chip and Reichen had to say! I really hope they work things out in their relationship. To me, they will always remain role models to me
    Good luck Chip and Reichen now and in the future and thanks for the memories!
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

John, just a truly phenomenal job on these interviews. I just read all three and I really appreciate the work you've put into these yesterday and throughout the season!

Wonderful job and great insights. Congrats to Reichen and Chip!

FORT Regular
    You may be surprised to learn that in all four seasons, there were teams that were recruited that did not apply.....and some were literally last minute. Team Rev were recruited (that Russell had applied for Survivor and was sent by the casting folks to interview for TAR - so Cyndi was recruited), Oswald and Danny were recruited walking out of a movie theatre in Miami Beach. What isn't clear is whether Reichen and Chip were fans of the show before they were recruited - or even if David and Jeff were - and that questions did not get asked.
    >|p >|p

JamesB
    Quote Originally Posted by theschnauzers
    You may be surprised to learn that in all four seasons, there were teams that were recruited that did not apply.....and some were literally last minute. Team Rev were recruited (that Russell had applied for Survivor and was sent by the casting folks to interview for TAR - so Cyndi was recruited), Oswald and Danny were recruited walking out of a movie theatre in Miami Beach. What isn't clear is whether Reichen and Chip were fans of the show before they were recruited - or even if David and Jeff were - and that questions did not get asked.
    Which teams this time around DID watch past seasons? I think Millie/Chuck and Steve/Josh said they were fans, didn't they? I'm pretty sure Monica and Sheree were. Debra and Steve were very devoted fans, I remember that from interviews.

Jon and Al said they never had time to watch the show, but applied because they liked the concept.

On Survivor, the people who have never watched before are obvious because they are usually eliminated in the first half of the game, but on Amazing Race, the format is less intricate and novice teams can do well as long as they play smart and remember the rules.

What I wonder is if any of the teams had not seen the show before applying/being accepted and then tried to see some episodes afterwards to get a sense of what they could expect.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by dottstar
    Ugh, makes the victory worse...recruited, not folks that love the show and killed themselves to apply. First the Who tell us they are picked up at a bar by some casting chicks, now the marrieds too. What happened to the folks who actually applied and wanted to do this show for the love of it????
    Yeah, really.

My team mate and I put a lot of work into our application video.

Too bad we aren't better actors or more telegenic.

FWIW, our mock Amazing Race ened within 1/2 a mile of where the real finish line was.

http://members.cox.net/ecochell/ApplicationVideo.html

This interview was worth the wait. *sigh* Loved R&C. My faves from the beginning.

I really, really, hope they end up staying together. They seemed like they got along so well on the race, despite some very minor tough moments.

I'm excited for Reichen's acting career. And that line about the pink capes? Hilarous!

Thanks John, and Reichen, and Chip.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    Awesome interview Thanx for all the hard work

+ Reply to Thread