+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview with Kelly and Jon

Thanks for another great interview John!

They seem - almost - *gasp* - NORMAL in your interview.

Well, I'll admit that they were never a favorite of mine and I'm glad they didn't win. But I'm impressed with the maturity they displayed in the interview especially not excusing the way they were portrayed on the show. They owned their actions and attitudes - accept what's done as done - and have moved on. I hope they have at least learned to be a little less obnoxious and can accept that people not like you deserve some respect as well. NO? Oh well. Can't have everything.

Best of luck. I'm glad they are happy together - they seem a good match.

Quote Originally Posted by Etta Shootka
    I don't know if anyone saw Jon's bio on the CBS site before it was edited. This man noted, among other unpleasant things, his "phobia for fat people" and how much he disliked most other people in general. I'm not really sure how much his jabs and nicknames weren't his real thoughts about other people.

CBS edited his bio (and those of others) shortly after they were put up on the website, probably rethinking wanting to have team members demonstrating some of their more unpleasant personal attributes. I wish Kelly and Jon all the best, but I can't say I was upset they didn't win.

Still wish the clowns had won,
    :stupid I agree. I remembered that "phobia" of Jon's, too. I don't think Kelly and Jon are nice and caring people outside the race, as they were pretty consistently mean-spirited, among other things, during the race. They can talk it all away now, but it was pretty clear that they build themselves up by talking other people down.

I really, really wanted the clowns to win. But with them gone, I was glad that Reichen and Chip won.

I really wish Kelly and Jon would have won The Amazing Race, because they made me lauph the most throught the game more than anybody else.

kelly and jon :)

kelly and jon have got to be one of the best teams on ar ever! they are just as good as zach and flo

i'm just wondering when the kellyjon.com site will be open? does anyone know?
    thnx
    steff

kaj
    Aw, Shucks. I'm glad they made it far and that they are still together. Good job with the interview, John.
    Last edited by kaj; 08-26-2003 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Yep, all of our contestant threads have the unedited bios up, in the first post of the first page.
    Oh, okay... thanks for telling...

FORT Newbie
    Another great interview! Although as I have told my Sis (rc'smum) I still don't like Kelly and Jon that well. I think they could have ran a good race without hurting peoples feelings. You can have fun and joke without being so mean.

FORT Regular
    Well, Kelly and Jon did take home $25,000 for their efforts the Miami Herald reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Etta Shootka
    I don't know if anyone saw Jon's bio on the CBS site before it was edited. This man noted, among other unpleasant things, his "phobia for fat people" and how much he disliked most other people in general. I'm not really sure how much his jabs and nicknames weren't his real thoughts about other people.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar
    :stupid I agree. I remembered that "phobia" of Jon's, too. I don't think Kelly and Jon are nice and caring people outside the race, as they were pretty consistently mean-spirited, among other things, during the race. They can talk it all away now, but it was pretty clear that they build themselves up by talking other people down.

I really, really wanted the clowns to win. But with them gone, I was glad that Reichen and Chip won.

I couldn't agree more. I railed against these two pretty hard on their team thread but I will begrudgingly admit that the interview improved my opinion of them the teensiest bit. (Well, mainly Kelly, as she seemed somewhat sincere.) And God knows I have a much greater respect for them as competitors after that last episode - they really work well together.

That being said, it is still obvious that these two (especially Jon) cannot be considered 'nice, caring' or 'decent' people (as some on this site have said), judging from their words/actions both inside and now outside of the race. They make no real excuses for their behavior, though, and seem content with the fact that 'what they do' is make fun of people/act rudely. As long as they are happy together, more power to them, I guess.

However, I must add that it saddens me that so many people 'love' them, think their remarks were 'hilarious' and believe they are 'great.' I'm all for kidding/ripping on one another - I admit I do it ALL the time - but I still think the Kelly/Jon level of "kidding" crosses the line. I too hope they have at least learned to be a little less obnoxious and show more respect to those who are different from you.
    It's over for this season but PLEASE give us more of
    THE AMAZING RACE!!!
    Please Please Please CBS - give us TAR5!!!!!!!
    I The Amazing R A C E !

Quote Originally Posted by kaj
    Aw, Shucks. I'm glad they made it far and that they are still together. Good job with the interview, John.
    I agree. Kelly said in an interview that she & Jon were able to cope with the stress of keeping everything secret for six months because they had each other & could talk to each other.

On the other hand, even after having won a million dollars, the stress of those six months seems to have been the downfall for Chip & Reichen's relationship. Maybe they should have taken some relationship cues from Kelly & Jon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast