+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Our Interview with David and Jeff

FORT Newbie
    hey thanks tsuroi .. i guess u are as much as , or even more so an aviation buff than me. i was like checking for all their possible schedules .. sigh yeah probably we assume that by the time they enquired abt the LAX flight, it was too late . can't trust the editing to give us a good choronological sense of the show.

just for the record, yup , there was no absolutely no possibility of going via asia to meet the night's connection to HNL at tokyo . i dare say all the suitable flights on JAL , asiana , SQ etc had left in the morning.
    there was a very good possibility of going via fiji , but that connection was valid only on friday.

AIR PACIFIC FJ 910 DEP SYD 1320 ARRIVE NADI 1810
    AIR PACIFIC FJ 820 DEP NADI 2300 ARRIVE HNL 0730 ( +1 )

yeap, if they did manage to land at kona by 1.50 pm .. it would be entirely ( and very likely ) possible that they could have caught up , due to the equaliser at honolulu-phoenix.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Another great interview! They seemed to have been great sports about the whole thing.

They were funny on the early show saying "we just got back"

Just good guys all around, who really seemed to enjoy themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rechy
    yeap, if they did manage to land at kona by 1.50 pm .. it would be entirely ( and very likely ) possible that they could have caught up , due to the equaliser at honolulu-phoenix.
    Hope those guys aren't reading this then. What a bummer.

thanks for another great interview john!

great job competing well and staying civil guys . . i guess that's why we never really got to know you on the show.

really too bad that the sydney mistake was such a huge one. what a bad time for a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by splatty
    what a bad time for a mistake.
    Yes indeed.

I think that Jeff/David did look into the flight via LAX that Tsutroi was talking about, but they were too late to get on it as it already left. I recall the lady behind the counter saying, "To the States? You've missed it." Also, with the skydiving event and flying from Cairns, by the time D/J got to Sydney, the two flights to LA might already have left. So there was no way they could have saved themselves in Sydney. If only they had stayed with the pack... They could have been the winners.
    Last edited by haejin; 08-25-2003 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    Yes indeed.

I think that Jeff/David did look into the flight via LAX that Tsutroi was talking about, but they were too late to get on it as it already left. I recall the lady behind the counter saying, "To the States? You've missed it." Also, with the skydiving event and flying from Cairns, by the time D/J got to Sydney, the two flights to LA might already have left. So there was no way they could have saved themselves in Sydney. If only they had stayed with the pack... They could have been the winners.
    Well, according to very reliable sources, Phil, the host and the rest of the Production staff were heading to Sydney from Cairns. They could only be heading for Sydney if they intend to get back to the U.S. from there. Furthermore, David and Jeff pointed out during the interview that they took QF 60 to Sydney because they spotted Phil and Co. heading for this flight. In other words, they were on the same flight as Phil and the rest at least from Cairns to Sydney. Phil and others must connect to one of the L.A. flight so if David and Jeff have looked up that option quick enough, they could have got on. The possibility was there. For this reason, I maintain that it was possible for them to save themselves even when they first got to Sydney.
    Phil

david and jeff seem a bit dull

i know david and jeff are probably really nice guyz but to me they seem a bit dull and boring and a bit of a bogan no offence but taht just my oopinion it sholdnt count
    steff

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    Another great interview, John! David and Jeff seem like great guys, and I wish they had been shown more on TAR4.

C'est la vie, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by way2gozachnflo
    i know david and jeff are probably really nice guyz but to me they seem a bit dull and boring and a bit of a bogan no offence but taht just my oopinion it sholdnt count
    steff

that's what i think at the beginning of TAR4...because they didn't have much air time, we didn't get to see their personality so they're kind of boring at the beginning but they start growing on me after that first place finish in India, they started to show good racing skills and their not as boring as some other alpha male teams (not mentioning names)

anyway, the goats ran a good race, is sad that they didn't make it to the finish line...thanks John for a great interview!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567