+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TAR Winners on The Early Show

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    I don't really like how the Early show interviews are run. The reporter acts like she has no idea what she's talking about, and there too short. Heck, they give the Survivor people more time than that, even those who lost.
    I'd have to disagree, in general. I have not caught a lot of The Early Show interviews in past TAR seasons, but the ones I have watched this season have seemed pretty good. Harry (I think is his name) comes across to me as a big fan of the show whenever he is involved or talks about it. He was the one that did The Clown's interview, which I thought was good.

And, today they all seemed to be aware and know what had happened. And, the segment was a decent length, I thought anyway.

But, I would agree that the one (don't know her name) that did the outside interview today, seems to be the one that "knows" the least about the show. Could be wrong, maybe she's a big fan, but she doesn't come across that way. Too bad Harry was absent today as he always seems to get into the TAR interviews.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    I would've liked to have seen it run a bit longer, and I would've liked to hear Millie and Chuck's reaction to Kelly's explanation as to why she did the Millie Mole thing...but all in all, it was pretty good. I really liked the part where Phil handed them the check.

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    Jeff cleaned up pretty well. David is as easy to recognize as ever. Kelly and Jon are looking good. Reichen's still hot. But Chip! What did you do to your hair?

Cool show, though.
    I'm with you on this one--Jeff, David, Jon and Reichen were all so handsome, and Kelly looked lovely. But Chip--I think it's time to change your hairstylist, my dear.

While the segment was longer than usual, I would have preferred that only the final three teams were present--the other teams and family members seen in the background served only as distractions.

American Idol Fanatic IdolFreak05's Avatar
    Yea I was excited to see all the teams again.. I wonder why Russel hasn't done anything with the race..? Did anyone else notice RC'sMUM in the back? I was all YEA! lol

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    I'd have to disagree, in general. I have not caught a lot of The Early Show interviews in past TAR seasons, but the ones I have watched this season have seemed pretty good. Harry (I think is his name) comes across to me as a big fan of the show whenever he is involved or talks about it. He was the one that did The Clown's interview, which I thought was good.

But, I would agree that the one (don't know her name) that did the outside interview today, seems to be the one that "knows" the least about the show. Could be wrong, maybe she's a big fan, but she doesn't come across that way. Too bad Harry was absent today as he always seems to get into the TAR interviews.

That's what I meant. She interviewed Monica and Sheree, which I thought was a bad one. Harry and Julie Chen (I've never seen her interview and AR team, but she does good Survivor interviews), are the best, because they get right to the point of things. I saw Harry when he interviewed Millie/Chuck and Jon/Al and he did a pretty good job. Jane Clayson was good in the past, but I don't think she's on the Early Show anymore. They should defiantly make it longer, though.

FORT Newbie
    I watched my tape this morning and I thought that it wasn't the best interview.. but hey, my favorite team won.. what more do I want? They all looked great, very rested Is it just me or is Kelly having this Debra Messing thing going on? she was hot! R&C looked happy and as usual D&J got the less airtime (but hey D/J managed to make a joke ) and as usual Phil dodged the "who did you think will win?" question nicely .. also, at the very end of the interview before commercial, R&C high-fived (or middle-fived) each other and you can hear Kelly saying "come on boys, get it on" I thought it was really funny.. and how cool were all the teams to stick around for the tennis game? they were finally the audience for once, I saw debra and steve, the NFL wivies M&S, R&C, M&C, and D&J (though they weren't sitting together, they were both sitting beside some girls.. what can you say? afterall, thats their hobby right? ) Ahhh.... when I was watching it I was all excited and pointing at the teams shouting "omg that's chuck, omg that's Millie, omg that's Debra!" like an idiot.. they're like family now to me.. Oh well.. the show's over, and it was a great ending

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    I gotta agree, haejin...Jeff cleaned up nicely!
    Jack, you never listen to me. I TOLD you all along Jeff was a cutie.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by CJT
    8 am... I just finished watching it, they were gggGRrrrEAT!!!
    Damn I missed it!!!!! I guess i'm gonna go to cbs.com to get the summary.

Though I thought the interviews were great with the final three teams, I thought they did a good job with the time they had. But once again CBS has disappointed me. How much time did they give to wrap up this show with their final interviews -- a whopping five minutes!! If you are going to drag all 12 teams and possibly even some family members all the way to New York City for the final get together( and even if they are all coming of their own accord) why not dedicate a half an hour or an hour and have a question or two for each of the teams. What an injustice to a great show that you have dedicated 3 months of television time to. Of course you want to keep your focus on the winners and the other finalists but why not bring back memories of all teams to the people who spent 3 months dedicated to this show. In my opinion CBS did a big injustice to this show and the participants. Of course if they're going to cancel it anyway what do they care.

Having the weekly interviews on the morning show was nice but I'm sure a lot of people were not able to catch all of those. You know they could have even shown film clips from the show as they were interviewing the other teams. How ridiculous to only dedicate 5 minutes to wrapping up this show. :mad:

If it's any consolation, I get 20 minutes with each team for my interview

I'm done with K&J and D&J, but am waiting for R&C right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast