+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I had them pegged from episode one! They've been my fav. team since the very beginning and im so proud of how well they kept their lead over Jon and Kelly. My favorite part was after the sky-diving and Chip goes "So where's my boy?"

Hehe. Wow. Adrenaline Rush. It's time to party long and hard for the cutest team to win TAR (lol actually i wouldn't know, ive never seen TAR before!!)

A congatulations to Kelly and Jon to making up so much time after being bumped on that flight, and sticking with the race and putting their all into it! I'm so proud of all the teams. happy moment.
    "A man usually falls in love with a woman, but not always so be careful."

"It is better to deserve without receiving, than to get hit in the head with a baseball bat."

"Let your heart soar as high as it will go --- but when you're done you better put it back in real quick or you'll die. Can't live without a heart, man, wise up."

"Nothing endures but change --- especially dimes and pennies, they endure like mad men."

"The key to success is in my pocket. Go ahead, try and take it."

JGD
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I actually liked Kelly and Jon more tonight than any other episode.

I found it kind of ironic when the airline guy wouldn't let them on the plane. All I could think of was episode one when Jon told the shuttle bus driver to not let Monica/Sheree on the bus and Kelly said "Karma, that's going to bite you in the a--."
    Oh... i didnt see the 1st eppy but wow... Major Burn LoL.. Yay Reichen And Chip!!! You Make Us Sooooo Proud!!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Myersfan31
    Tian and Jaree were without a doubt, the main attraction of today's episode!
    yeah that! i was happy to see them again .... they were so happy for reichen and chip

it would have been great if they showed more of the celebration, seeing more of the teams hug and laugh and congratulate each other would be fantastic. it was quite short for me and the shots were also fast so too bad.

FORT Fogey
    Heated perhaps, attack no. As far as I am concerned there is no name calling but you have to ask who started to call some racers: dumb, undeserving and 100 other pejoratives.

I never called them any names , and I think you did say something about me being silly??? I never said they didn't deserve to win. They absolutely did deserve to win, very much they ran the race better than anyone. I think Chuck was rude a number of times. I think Kelley and John were rude as often as possible. I think the Clowns are the best and was dissapointed they didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Congrats to the little leaguers of Saugus, Ma!

Did you see or tape the finale?
    Taped the LLWS game and watched TAR which I should have also taped in retrospect. I have always been paranoid about someone getting in a nasty bad accident in TAR given that they drive unfamiliar roads at all hours so I almost choked on the brownie I was downing when I saw Chip's misadventure but he kinda deserved it, boy can he be hard -headed; Jon is a master player he really got to Chip. I'm glad I wasn't in the finals cuz my partner would have killed me since there would be NO chance I'd leave Hawaii..
    everybody has the right to speak their mind, so don't shoot me if I speak mine- ray davies

JGD
    Quote Originally Posted by acid jazz
    it would have been great if they showed more of the celebration, seeing more of the teams hug and laugh and congratulate each other would be fantastic. it was quite short for me and the shots were also fast so too bad.
    Thats because they had to take the time to inform Dave and Jeff that the race was over.. That 3 minutes took some time off the little reunion at the finish line.

Fade to black
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutroi
    Heated perhaps, attack no. As far as I am concerned there is no name calling but you have to ask who started to call some racers: dumb, undeserving and 100 other pejoratives.
    And not to jump in the fire here, but I don't recall firegirl ever calling the racers dumb.

She said and I quote:

"I can't believe they won,, I so wanted the goats!! Damm that airline glitch! Oh well at least Kelly didn't win! Congrats to Reichen and Chip.

I was ok w/them winning instead of the goats right up until they made it a gay thing! Why did they do that? So what they are gay! SO WHAT!!!!!!! Gay people do things all the time, win public office, invent things, graduate from school, parent children! Geeze! Why did they have to say that? The ONLY problem I have ever had w/them is how rude they were on several occasions."

Looks like a valid, formulated opinion to me. And while I was rooting for them after the clowns got eliminated, they certainly had moments where they were very rude. I think the one thing that Chip and Reichen might have wanted to do by mentioning that they are gay so often is to try and eliminate the stereotype that all gay men are effiminate - but I do think they mentioned the "gay" thing a bit too much. The last couple of episodes it seems that's all I heard.

But really, I agree, why has this thread turned into a discussion on this matter? Them being gay, or talking about it, has nothing to do with the fact that they won the race, they raced well, and they deserve the rewards they get for winning.

P.S. That Saugus LLWS game was great!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    . I think the Clowns are the best and was dissapointed they didn't win.
    Ah, I couldn't agree more. Seeing them made me sad all over again.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It's sad that this had to get so off topic. I hate it when things like homosexuality or virginity or race take over a discussion instead of congratulation wishes.

Congrats Reichen & Chip. You ran an excellent race and it was a wonderful season.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    I actually thought Chip summed it up nicely at the end when he said something like...we're just 2 average guys (who happen to be hot...okay, I added that), who are Americans and happen to be gay. I guess I had the opposite impression that some people had...because I thought he was trying to say that he didn't consider that to be a focus.

+ Reply to Thread