+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Kiss of death indeed.

FORT Regular
    I blame that dumb airline guy.
    Missing the connection made no difference...

That's what the editors do. They make some little deal seem like the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    It's great that you're so enlightened about the "gay thing". Unfortunately, there are still many who are not, which is why Reichen & Chip made a big deal about it.
    Don't even bother with this kind of people Remus, either they never get it or they refuse to understand. And if someone wants to rain on the parade of another, there are 10 millions 'reasons' to do it, just like those: "I am not homophobic but..._____Fill-in-the-blank___"

I have to say I was pretty subdued when Reichen and Chip crossed the finish line first. Obviously I am more than just happy for them but I guess the reason why I wasn't any more 'crazy' is because I felt with or without the win, they have already accomplished what they set out to do and the expectations of their fans/supporters. Going to tonight's episode, I was not as nervous as episode 11 which was the final elimination leg. Winning is like icing on a cake but most importantly, they have been great role models all-around for the audience and they are the first couple (intimate) ever to win an Amazing Race. It also shows why human beings are meant to be paired (as two) just like the Chinese language writes 'human' as a two stroke words, one supporting another.

What an ending, Kelly and Jon gave their all as well. They did as well as they possibly could yet at the end, Reichen and Chip proved when they don't mistakes, they are just too tough to beat.

I will miss TAR4.
    Phil

I am so happy i saw my other two favorite teams Tian and Jaree and Jon and Al.... i wish i am in the TAR party.....Reichen and Chip are my models...they give so much positiveness as a couple....ahhhh, i think i'm having withdrawals.....i hope the ratings are way up there now so that the peoples in charge will extend the series.....the show is the best

I'm still in total denial. Well, maybe not really. But I'm pissed.

I'll get over it some day.

reichen and chip... team #1! yes baby!
    jon and kelly... team #2 yipee!

goats... hmmm were they in the race? even in the final leg there was no sight of them. hehehehe.

my team is the best! RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC RC !
    Last edited by TheLastBoyScout; 08-21-2003 at 09:54 PM.
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. .

Part of what made the last show a great race was how close they were towards the end. The last 3 did give it their all.

Now, CONGRATULATIONS REICHEN AND CHIP!

Now we know that the good guys can finish first! They were focused and took the best course of action with the flights. It was all so exciting. They said wonderful things about each other and I'm sure their fan base must have tripled already!

The "team interviews" were very touching and they maintained their support of each other through the good (winning) and the bad (spinning car). HOORAY FOR THEM!

Now, let's party! Champagne anyone?

FORT Fogey
    Remus Lupin said:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It's great that you're so enlightened about the "gay thing". Unfortunately, there are still many who are not, which is why Reichen & Chip made a big deal about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still don't get it, them winning the race does nothing to enlighten anyone about the gay life style. It is simply a life style choice. Really, I mean how is that so important?? It would have been just as stupid if Millie and Chuck had won and went on to give some credit to their being virgins. Or the NFL wives about being black and both females.

Reichen and Chip ran a great race and they won. Why can't it just be that? Chip was a bad example not a good role model on how to be rude. Especially with his ego and driving. Chip is lucky to have someone like Reichen who is calm and collected and patient. Like Zach and Flo last year, Flo was lucky to have Zach. Chip is nothing compared to FLo but he was rude a lot. I just don't get why it had to be about being gay. Why couldn't it just be about them being a couple who won?? Same as if anyother couple?

And Tsutroi I am not " these kind of people" IMO I just think why did it have to be about being gay? No one made it about them not winning because they were gay. I know it was a banter between Kelly/Jon and them, but the race and other people were not discriminating against them because they were. I am not refusing to get anything.

If I won the race running with my husband ( for example) I think if would be silly to say something about us being a hetro sexual married couple as it seems to imply it is a competition in that arena against gay couples, couples living together not married, or whatever. I just don't see that as being a factor that is important in the race. Anymore than it was important that Millie and Chuck were virgins. Knowing the teams connection to each other , why they are in the race together is great info but after that who cares?????
    Last edited by firegirl; 08-21-2003 at 09:58 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    [QUOTE=opiumchild]I am so happy i saw my other two favorite teams Tian and Jaree and Jon and Al.... i wish i am in the TAR party.....Reichen and Chip are my models...they give so much positiveness as a couple....ahhhh, i think i'm having withdrawals.....i hope the ratings are way up there now so that the peoples in charge will extend the series.....

Given some of the comments they've made, Reichen and Chip must have had a lot of hurdles in their relationship (as far as people excepting it.) I got a little annoyed that they made it out to be a gay thing and that's why no one thought they'd win, but listening to some of my gay friends makes me realize why they said it. They've defiantly broken stereotypes about gays, so they should be proud of that. I was hoping they'd show more of the eliminated teams as they did in the past. They went threw them so fast I missed seeing Steve and Dave and Steve and Josh.
    I'm sure we'll find out soon whether the show will be back or not....unfortunatly, we may have to wait for it to actually come back on the air.

+ Reply to Thread