+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "I Like them on Paper Points" Pt.1

"I Like them on Paper Points" Pt.1

OK, here's my partial list of how I feel about the teams... ON PAPER!
    I find it fun to have my favorites, then seeing how they turn out once I start watching. It is all in fun, Just seeing how I think I will like like them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tramel and Talicia

How would you describe your previous travel experience?
    Tramel: I've been all over the world. That is, if you consider Mazatlan, Mexico on spring break "all over the world."
    Talicia: Been here, been there, have yet to have been everywhere…

Tramel just made me laugh…. +10

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
    Tramel: Knowing there is a possibility of going to jail in a foreign country for breaking a law you didn't know about is pretty stressful. Nobody wants to go to jail outside the states. Believe that.
    Talicia: The stress.

Um…No-one I know WANTS to go to prison in the US either. – 10 (only because I’m looking for things not to like! I’d hate to have them start with +50)

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Tramel: That would be a picture of my family. Either that, or my clothes. Have you ever tried to go through customs with no clothes?

STOP MAKING ME LAUGH TRAMEL! + 10 for the image of getting through customs naked

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
    Tramel: THE AMAZING RACE?!?! They told me I was here for SURVIVOR!

I give up. He’s Killin’ Me +10 again

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
    Tramel: As fate would have it, we've never traveled together before. After this, we'll probably understand why.
    What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    Tramel: My biggest fear is being eliminated early in the Race, before anyone learns my name.
    What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
    Tramel: My biggest strength lies in my ability to think effectively on my feet and work well under pressure. My biggest weakness is this 170-pound pack I…Oh, wait, that's my sister I'm carrying.
    What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
    Tramel: Her biggest asset would have to be her keen brilliance to pick me as a partner. Her weakness would probably stem from everything unrelated to her being my sister.
    What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
    Tramel: People have beds in their homes? Man, I'm really missing out.
    What languages do you speak?
    Tramel: I speak two languages fluently: English and Bad English.
    What destination are you hoping to visit?
    Tramel: I'm hoping to visit some of the white sand nude beaches of Brazil. Well, I guess I don't care about the white sand so much. Or the particular country. Or the fact that it's a beach.
    What country do you feel best prepared for?
    Tramel: Well, I've actually done a lot to prepare for the USA. Hopefully, we'll end up going there at some point.

OMG Forget it, official favorites on paper… Highest point value I’m allowing myself to give: + 50!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heather, 25, and Eve, 25

Heather: More limited than I would like, but always incredible. I traveled around Europe during college and enjoyed experiencing different cultures. More recently, I've backpacked through Central America. This was my first solo traveling experience. I loved the different cultures, the adventure travel each country offered (hitting volcanoes in Costa Rica, rapelling in Belize, exploring Mayan ruins in Guatemala, scuba diving in Honduras, and the ultimate flexibility of solo travel.
    Show off –10 jealousy points.

Heather: Good hiking shoes and socks.
    Eve: Good socks for dry feet.
    Sensible +5

Heather: To enjoy adventure travel while gaining insight into myself and perspective on my place in the world.
    Eve: I believe that the Race is my personal odyssey. Going to Harvard, I have spent three years in my head; that is where I excel. I am not a physically adventurous person, and the challenges that I will (hope to) face will force me to confront some of my biggest fears.

I think they are expecting quite a bit from a game show…. -5

Heather: Nope!
    Eve: No, Heather and I have traveled separately, but traveling together will be a new, exciting and scary experience for both of us.

This should be fun. +5

Eve: My family and friends. I miss them now and we haven't even started yet.

Awwww factor +5

Heather: A little French and Spanish.
    Eve: Spanish, un poco.

That made me laugh, I don’t know why, but it did… +5

Total “I like them on paper points” +5
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gina and Sylvia

Sylvia: I haven't done much traveling as an adult. As a child, I traveled with my mom to Peru (she is from Peru).

My Hubby is from Peru… Automatic +10

Gina: I packed two pictures of my husband and children. They are my inspiration. I really want them to be proud of me.
    Sylvia: I'm carrying a photograph of my husband and our three children. They are my inspiration. They are the reasons for most everything I do.

Awwwwwwwww kind of nauseating, but +10 anyway

Gina: My fear would be to be presented with a challenge I may not be successful at, therefore letting down my Team. What I really hope to discover about myself is not my fears, but that I am stronger mentally and physically than I ever gave myself credit for.
    Sylvia: I think I fear letting my partner down, and myself. I want to push myself emotionally and physically. I believe I can do it. I don't want to disappoint myself or Gina. So, I guess I'm fearful of my own limitations, and finding out what scares me, or what pushes my buttons.

Now, nauseating is no longer cute.. blah, blah, blah -10

Gina: Only English and a few Spanish words.
    Sylvia: English and about ten Spanish words!

“Tu gato es feo” and “La casa es rojo” won’t be much help ladies: - 5

What destination are you hoping to visit?

Sylvia: I would love to go to Peru, specifically Machu Pichu. My mother is from Peru, and I have family there. I want to see this magical place that I have roots in. I haven't been to Peru since I was a small child. I have just some vague memories.

Then you should have gone more often with your mom! -5

Total “I like them on paper points” +0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flo, 23, Zach, 23,

Zach: Probably my two pairs of super high-tech underwear. They dry in seconds and make you run faster--very funny stuff.

High Tech undies + 10

Flo: To see great places and to win some money.
    Zach: I wanted to be on THE AMAZING RACE to have the adventure of a lifetime and win a million bucks in the process.

Honest +5

Zach: Not really. One time we took a marathon, one-day trip from New York to Boston. It was rugged, but good training, I hope.

A 24 hour DRIVE = Rugged???? - 10

Flo: I am a great traveler. I get along well with others. I am also very competitive. The only weakness is that I love to go to sleep early, and often fall asleep in random places. I've also never really roughed it.

Falls asleep in random places -5

Flo: Italian, French, Spanish.
    Zach: Spanish, English, Czech.

Wow! Lots of languages +10 (But….uh… does Flo speak English? –5) total +5

Total “I like them on paper points” +5
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andre, 32, and Damon, 33,

Andre: My previous travel experience basically limits to what I did while in the military. I have done some stateside (domestic) traveling.
    Damon: I have traveled to several places while in the military, i.e. Alaska, Honduras, Vancouver B.C., Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Belgium. However, my leisurely travel has been limited to Nigeria and the Republic of Benin. I have also traveled within the U.S.

Hehe, I’ve never heard of Benin. Tsk, Tsk…. +5 for travel experience

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?

Damon: The most stressful aspect of traveling is landing at the airport. I read that most accidents have to do with aircraft landing.

Most accidents have to do with airplane crashes… - 5

Damon: The most important item I am carrying is not in my backpack. It is underneath my hat: my brain. I am pretty smart resourceful.

Pretty Cocky too, but if he can back it up, he’s one to watch. +5

Andre: To do something totally out of my element.
    Damon: I was looking for a challenge, one that was physically and mentally tough. THE AMAZING RACE looked like a race that requires both of those items and more. Oh, and don't forget that $1 million would buy a lot of golf balls!

Because I now know to buy stock in Golf Balls if they win… +10

Andre: Not winning.
    Damon: The fear of failing is the scariest thing about this whole experience. I fully expect to win; anything less would be hard to deal with.
    Could be interesting to see if Damon has to bungee jump, skydive or hang glide etc… -5

Andre: My wife, whom I've missed since the day I left.
    Damon: The item I miss the most is my cell phone. However, I miss my kids, Aisha and Wesley, tremendously.

OMG Damon…….poor poor Aisha and Wesley! Like Andre’s answer though. –10 for Damon +5 for Andre = -5

Andre: English
    Damon: None

Damon’s answer is hilarious! +5

Total “I like them on paper points” + 10
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaron and Arianne

Aaron describes himself as passionate, loyal and manic, while Arianne describes herself as emotional, exotic and impulsive.
    Uh-Oh emotional and Manic… what a combo! –10 points

Aaron and Arianne are fluent in both body language and the international language of love.

Hmmmm this statement: –5 points for the nauseating thought. BUT +10 for making me laugh out loud so total here: +5

Arianne: I have nothing better to do than take a free trip around the world and win a million dollars.

I have to like Ariannes answer! +10

Arianne: We have traveled through life together.

Uhg… Just lost your points Arianne! -10

Aaron: I'm very focused. When I set my mind on something, it gets done. I can usually get what I want and I can multi-task with the best of them. My directness in getting things accomplished can sometimes be off-putting to others. I get so focused that I have a tendency not to recognize how I affect others. When task-mastering, I have no patience.

Could you imagine WORKING for someone like this! EEEK -10

What country do you feel best prepared for?

Arianne: I lived in the U.K. for a semester during college. I know London pretty well and have visited Scotland and Wales. And the locals seem to have a real grasp of the English language.

That is pretty funny, the problem is I’m not sure it’s supposed to be –5

Total “I like them on Paper points”: EEK –20 I didn’t realize it would be that low…

Excellent Cali.

It all went downhill rather quickly after T&T.

Yep, I'm not convinced Arianne was joking when she made her comment about the Scots and the Welsh either
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    Tu gato is feo, you're cracking me up Cali. Great stuff.

Wouldn't it be just super if everyone in every country spoke American, huh Arianne.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Wow, those Canadians sure have a good grasp of the English language...Sometimes you'd swear it was the language they spoke in their own homes!

Okay, sorry Canucks! I had to do it.

Off topic, but one of my favorite quotes is one of a sign in a store in England:
    "English spoken here; American understood" LOL
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread