+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be a TAR5? Discussion

FORT Fan

CBS Gives Hint About TAR's Future?

Has CBS decided to give out a clue to the questionable future of 'The Amazing Race' franchise?

On the network's website, it lists the episode airing Thursday (Aug. 21) as a 'season finale'. That phrase would seem to indicate that there is a future for the series, meaning TAR5 could be in the planning stages.

I know that grammitically, the term 'season finale' is correct because it is the finale of the fourth season, however if the network were unsure of its future, would CBS use that language. Wouldn't the more generic 'Finale' be more appropriate?

Just to be fair, series have used the term 'season finale' only to be canceled, so maybe this is a case of reading between the lines, but the fact that CBS isn't calling next week's episode a 'series finale' has to be good news.

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver
    Has CBS decided to give out a clue to the questionable future of 'The Amazing Race' franchise?

On the network's website, it lists the episode airing Thursday (Aug. 21) as a 'season finale'. That phrase would seem to indicate that there is a future for the series, meaning TAR5 could be in the planning stages.

I know that grammitically, the term 'season finale' is correct because it is the finale of the fourth season, however if the network were unsure of its future, would CBS use that language. Wouldn't the more generic 'Finale' be more appropriate?

Just to be fair, series have used the term 'season finale' only to be canceled, so maybe this is a case of reading between the lines, but the fact that CBS isn't calling next week's episode a 'series finale' has to be good news.

It definetly is a PLUS, but I wouldn't get my hopes up...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoliver

I hate to bust your bubble, but I think you are being overly optimistic. It's going to take a lot more than mere words to keep "our" show alive and well for another season. While the ratings have been good, they haven't exactly gone through the roof, and even if the show garners an Emmy there are no guarantees.

Why am I saying this? Because the God of CBS, Mr. Les Moonves has strongly hinted that TAR would not return.

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    You know TAR is in trouble when re-runs of that train-wreck of a show "Friends" gets better ratings.

FORT Regular
    I hope Jerry Bruckheimer would not allow CBS to simply cancel his show, can't they just talk it over and give TAR another chance, afterall, TAR is an extremely good reality show, though its not doing so good in ratings, it has a huge and very supportive, not to mention, loyal fan base!

Long Live The Amazing Race! Horay!

I've never understood why TAR doesn't get better ratings.
    I think it performs solidly enough for CBS to give it at least one more series - hopefully.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    yeah, exactly, i don't get it? i really hope they'd give it another shot.

Exactly, why does TAR not get good ratings? It's as good as, or even better than, say, Survivor, in my opinion. Anyway, I think that you're just reading too deep into things at the moment... this is technically, a season finale after all.

I like your optimism jpoliver

I just really haven't given serious thought to all the comments about TAR not coming back. It seems so utterly ridiculous, that it is inconceivable that it wouldn't return.

I just assume it will be back.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I certainly wouldn't read anything into it by the wording of "season finale", but I hope it's back of course.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast