+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a TAR5? Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rochacha!
    I was looking for info on TAR5 and I came across these two links...

A recent(?) interview with the producers:
    http://www.jsonline.com/enter/tvradio/aug03/163073.asp

and a message board with discussions around "the taping" of TAR5. It struck me as bizarre. Maybe it's false information, maybe it's another show that's similar but I thought that someone here at the FORT might find it interesting:
    http://ctv1.ctv.ca/boards/amazingrace/showmessage.asp?messageID=2927
    i hope this bit of news is true then. No use getting my hopes up for nothing.

That Canadian "sighting" is completely false.

They have absolutely, 100% NOT started filming TAR5.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    That Canadian "sighting" is completely false.

They have absolutely, 100% NOT started filming TAR5.
    Thanks for verifying it.
    Phew! I guess there's still a chance to audition for TAR5, yay!

Does anyone know addresses for either Jerry Bruckheimer or Bertram Van Munster? I would like to write to them to show them there is fan support for taking this show to another network should CBS cancel it. Of course I know my voice alone is not going to mean much of anything, but maybe if all TAR fans got together and wrote to these two people they would take notice and try to keep this show going.

At any rate, I would like to do my part. So if anyone has this information maybe they could help us out.

I am also somewhat concerned that the proper timing for such a letter might be after the show has been cancelled and not before but I definetely don't want to wait to long or Jerry and Bertram will be on to something else and TAR will be behind them.

FORT Newbie
    Directly from TV Guide Online: (www.tvguide.com)

"As the fourth edition of the 45,000-mile race around the world concludes in the western U.S. tonight, the question foremost in the minds of many Amazing Race fans isn't which team will win the $1 million first-place prize; rather, it's will there be an Amazing Race 5?"

"'I don't know,' says host Phil Keoghan. 'It's probably going to be left right up to the last minute before they make a decision. I think they'd be crazy not to pick us up.' The reason for CBS's hesitancy to renew the Emmy-nominated reality series is its lackluster weekly rating. Although the show attracts over 8 million viewers per episode, it consistently falls short of its competition on Thursday nights, which is a repeat of Friends. While the series has never drawn blockbuster numbers, it does have a loyal fan base."

"'The one question I get more than any other is how come this show doesn't have higher ratings?' says Keoghan. 'I think it has to do with the fact that the show requires some investment. It's a show that you sit down in front of and become completely immersed in the action and in the characters. And you get taken on a whirlwind trip in some remote part of the world. It does require a commitment to follow the story.'"

"But that commitment is richly rewarded. As Keoghan says, 'The show does offer something that inherently is so much richer than so many of these other [reality] shows that are vacuous in nature.' What other series takes you to Italy, Austria, France, the Netherlands, India, Malaysia, South Korea and Australia all in one season? Or features bungee jumping, face-first rappelling, swimming under a frozen lake, and spinning around on a windmill while being tied to it? Not to mention breakneck dashes by teams to avoid being eliminated each week."

"And that brings me to the other question on every AR4 fan's mind: Who will win the final leg of the race and capture the prize money? Will David and Jeff hang on to their slim lead or will their archrivals Reichen and Chip overtake them? Or will engaged couple Kelly and Jon improve their communication skills enough to pull themselves out of last place and stage a dramatic comeback like Flo and Zach did last season?"

"After screening a tape of the finale, which did not reveal the winner, I can attest that tonight's ending is suspenseful. The challenges include skydiving in Australia and swimming in Hawaii. And it appears the dash to the finish will be extremely close."

"'We've always had very exciting endings,' Keoghan says. 'I can assure you that we get the same thing again here, with the teams head-to-head to the finish line. There are twists and turns and quite dramatic changes right up to the last minute.'"

"Unfortunately, it will probably also be right up to the last minute before CBS decides whether to renew TV's best reality series. So, catch it while you can. Tim Holland"

Many of you probably have already read this, but it was new to me. Confirms what everyone has been saying -- the future of TAR is up in the air!

FORT Regular
    nice article lars93, thanks for sharing this with us.

so its true, TAR's future is on the bubble, this is very upsetting for a lot of us here, what are we going to do about this? heck, i have no idea. im going to be really sad if cbs decided to cancel the show.

Quote Originally Posted by acid jazz
    nice article lars93, thanks for sharing this with us.

so its true, TAR's future is on the bubble, this is very upsetting for a lot of us here, what are we going to do about this? heck, i have no idea. im going to be really sad if cbs decided to cancel the show.

There have been many examples of popular shows being on the chopping block survive after heavy lobbying by the fans. Either the network realizes their mistake, or another network obtains the rights and the show jumps to another network. Having never been a part of a grass roots effort to keep a show on the air, I don't know which direction to take to lobby to keep the show on CBS or facilitate a move to another network. Has anyone else "been there and done that" with a favorite show from the past?

With the popularity of TAR and power of the internet/email, I'm sure we have the numbers and means to voice our concern.

MisterV19, there's a list of addresses where you can write to CBS and the advertisers of the show. Short of getting all of your friends to watch, which is the ideal solution, you should write snail mail letters to the network. E-mails don't really amount to much in these cases.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    MisterV19, there's a list of addresses where you can write to CBS and the advertisers of the show. Short of getting all of your friends to watch, which is the ideal solution, you should write snail mail letters to the network. E-mails don't really amount to much in these cases.
    I was flipping through my t.v. today and came across an interview that Les Moonves was giving. He was being asked questions by some different people, and someone asked him if letters can help to save a show, and how many he would need to receive in order to save it. She was talking about a show on FOX, but Les said that letters do help, although he didn't say how many he'd have to get. Just thought I'd pass this along.

FORT Newbie
    I found it interesting at the CTV Message boards, there is supposdely some kind of Canadian Outback Amazing Race, using their flags and the same type of envelopes, for some sort of fun game. Sounds odd though. I wonder is CBS knows? People are also insiting that auditions are being held right now, and alot of them have "sent in their tapes" which I doubt, because TAR doesn't accept Canadian's and I don't think they will.

I hope there is a TAR5 though.

+ Reply to Thread