+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Will there be a TAR5? Discussion

Dex
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Don't despair, Temptation Island is coming on August 28th.
    Oh dear... that? It's so trashy!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tom rocks
    Here's what Entertainment Weekly says:

"Why the Amzing Race isn't the biggest show on television remains a mystery to me...but now my mild confusion has turned into outright panic as the season (and most likely the series, unless CBS changes its mind) finale is upon us. If it truly is the end, Race goes out with a bang. Jeff and David take a huge risk, Chip and Reichen skid of the road, and in perhaps the most shocking development of all, Kelly and Jon actually seem to be getting along! By the time they get to Arizona (the final destination), you'll be praying this race doesn't get laid to rest."

tom
    does this mean that cbs have already decided to end the show??? ohhh man .... what now??? they have to give TAR another chance ... hope mr. jerry bruckheimer (you da' man bruckheimer!!!) wont allow cbs to drop his amazing show just like that ... fight fight fight! lets fight for TAR .... hehehe ..... now i sound like a true die hard fan, ohhh well, i am so fight fight fight .... lets fight for TAR! woooohooooo! Long Live The Amazing Race!! Horay!!!

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Haha... TOTALLY!

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    It will be sad if a great reality TV show ends while other bullshit shows make it... Damn CBS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dex
    Oh dear... that? It's so trashy!
    Thats what people say to almost all the reality shows out there....well except TAR of course
    "A man usually falls in love with a woman, but not always so be careful."

"It is better to deserve without receiving, than to get hit in the head with a baseball bat."

"Let your heart soar as high as it will go --- but when you're done you better put it back in real quick or you'll die. Can't live without a heart, man, wise up."

"Nothing endures but change --- especially dimes and pennies, they endure like mad men."

"The key to success is in my pocket. Go ahead, try and take it."

Mr. Bruckheimer could pressure CBS to let the show on the air. He produces C.S.I, C.S.I. Miami and Without a trace, very popular shows on that network. I don't have the facts of paper, but I believe that more people are watching TAR this season. Before finding the FORT, I didn't know when that show was on. I believe they must do a better advertising campaign, because it's not just a reality tv show, but a chance to see great places around the world, that many of us will never visit. I fell in love with TAR, and if they cancel it, there will be some unhappy FORT members ready to kick some behind!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    Mr. Bruckheimer could pressure CBS to let the show on the air. He produces C.S.I, C.S.I. Miami and Without a trace, very popular shows on that network. I don't have the facts of paper, but I believe that more people are watching TAR this season. Before finding the FORT, I didn't know when that show was on. I believe they must do a better advertising campaign, because it's not just a reality tv show, but a chance to see great places around the world, that many of us will never visit. I fell in love with TAR, and if they cancel it, there will be some unhappy FORT members ready to kick some behind!
    I'm semi confident the show will return- I'm not exactly sure why, but I don't feel like it's the end (maybe it's just wishfu thinking.) Anyway, if it does return, we'll probably have to wait until sometime next spring/summer for it to start. But it's worth the wait, as long as they bring it back. CBS could do more to help promote the show, and maybe that would help. I wouldn't have even known the fourth season was starting if I hadn't come to the message boards. I have 3 different things about ratings: one article said it was doing better than last season, 1 said it was doing worse, and 1 said some episodes did better compared to the same episode from last season. Well, all we can do is hope.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by acid jazz
    yeah, when it comes to the final three, it gets a bit boring especially when the more colorful teams are gone like what CaliGirl said.

i wish they would change the non elimination legs, they always seem to be clumped up at the end part which lessens the excitement or better yet, no non-elimination legs for more adrenaline rush, whatyathink?

im so into this race, i felt so bad when my fave teams were eliminated, i wanna punch the tv, hehe! (ouch! that would hurt!) but again as what CaliGirl have said, its all about the journey and the adventure and the adrenaline rush you get when you see your fave team doin' so well on the race. what's really nice about TAR is that its pure clean fun, unlike most reality shows out there where there's just too much backstabbing goin' on, which is not very nice. TAR is just simply amazing in so many ways. Jerry Bruckheimer, you da' man! (now don't you let cbs just throw away your precious TAR!) TAR Lovers are here for yah!
    Yeah, that probably would hurt, but I know the feeling. I like the non elimination legs, but agree they should switch them around a little. By now contestants know about the time there going to happen. Besides, there were a few teams booted early on that I would have liked to have seen go farther, and was hoping they'd be saved.
    As many critics have said, TAR is the classiest when it comes to reality t.v. No sitting around whining about being hungary (but they have a good excuse if they whine about being tired), or how good you think you look on camera, thinking this will be your big break (the teams probably don't have time), the drama is real and doesn't look staged, and it's not predictable- there's no alliance or voting order that can save the teams, and while some may disagree, I think whoever wins TAR deserves it, unlike other shows where people are trying to get even with someone or because that person needs the money, was nicer, best player, etc. And when I say deserving, I even mean Flo. I didn't want her to win (I was rooting for Teri and Ian, once it got to the final 3), but she won, so I was fine with that.

Dex
    Quote Originally Posted by rc4life
    Thats what people say to almost all the reality shows out there....well except TAR of course
    You bet!

IMO, I think most of the other reality shows that I've watched (which is not a lot- Survivor 1, a few eps of The Mole, one ep of Temptation Island) shows how the participants interact with one another and how they scheme or try to oust each other out. But TAR stands out because it shows how the racers interact within their own team and how they work together, which is really quite interesting And the scenery! Means a lot to someone who likes travelling but doesn't get to travel a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Because of Jerry Bruckheimer's relationship with CBS, I personally doubt he would shop it to a different channel. And really, he's busy enough that if CBS didn't want to do a fifth edition, he probably would thank them.

So John, is Jerry Bruckheimer the one and only person that decides the fate of TAR as far as shopping it to another network goes. Do you think it would be fruitless to try to write to Mr. Bruckheimer to show our support for him shopping the series to another network if CBS cancels it. I love this show and I sure don't want to see it die. This is just a very unique, fun show to watch and I know the show has to have an end sometime but while there is hope I would like to do all I can to help keep it going.

Where does Phil come in, would he not have some part in taking this to another network or that Bertram? I cant remember his name but it seems like he plays a key role in things.

+ Reply to Thread