Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The 13th Episode (Finale) 08/21

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Maybe the roadblock require you to light a fire using sticks... How's that ? Any other ideas ?

Could be. And if they're in direct sunlight and taking a long time, maybe Jon was just getting sweaty and throught it would be easier to free-ball it.

Maybe the roadblock require you to light a fire using sticks... How's that ? Any other ideas ?
    I thought Jon was hammering a rock in the preview. Maybe you have to make flint like the people of long ago did, then light a fire using the flint?

I still don't see how doing this naked could help you. Unless this was water-related, and Jon didn't want to wait for his clothes to dry off.

Leg 13 Reconstruction...

1) In the TV preview, we saw all 3 teams running after what looks the door of a gate opens up in dawn. I can say with confidence that this is where they retrieved their clue which instructed them to travel to Hawaii. The artwork/body painting on the aboriginal man we saw is clearly Australian as opposed to Hawaiian. I am familiar with both aborignal cultures, especially the Polynesian cultures which include the Hawaiians, Tahitians, Maori, Togans and etc. The marks we saw were most definitely not Hawaiian and the skin color is way too dark too. That's most definitely aboriginal Australian, without a doubt because the aboriginal Australians like the Fijians come from a group called Melanasians and their skin color as well as hair somewhat resemble black Africans. Some Fijians even believe their ancestors come from Africa but most scientists and historians don't think so. The Polynesians physically resemble the South-East Asians like the Chinese in their skin color and hair except Polynesians are gigantic. When the first Europeans reached Tonga, the Europeans were scared to death by Tongan males who dwarf European males by a lot like an adult to a child. Plus, the time of the day in the preview suggested it's either dawn or sunset but most likely dawn because Reichen has his jacket on + they wouldn't be bunching during sunset in Hawaii. If there were bunching in Hawaii, it was most likely during day. All evidences suggest what we saw in the preview was the initial bunching before leaving Australia.

2) Kelly and Jon missing a connection...we knew that, didn't we? Recall a spoiler I shared months ago? An acquaintance of mine, a pilot, spotted teams running like crazy ants in Tokyo Narita airport on February 13th, 2003 with cameracrew and other staff. He said 2 teams made it to the United flight for Honolulu but one team missed it. Plus, if you watch closely the clothes Kelly and Jon were wearing indicated they were in a cold climate with Kelly's long sleeves. There are only up to 3 airports they would connect in the last leg: Tokyo, Honolulu and Los Angeles. The airport image we saw was most definitely not Honolulu, I can tell you by experience. So did they miss the connection to Hawaii or did they miss the connection to Phoenix. I think there is very little doubt the missed connection happened in Tokyo based on the clothes they wear, and the time of the day. If you recall the frame where the two got off a bus, it clearly indicate the time is evening. If they were connecting to Phoenix via L.A., it would have been morning so the day time gives away that it is unlikely to be L.A. So with much certainty, we can suggest Kelly and Jon missed the first connection to Hawaii from Tokyo.

However, this miss was not critical. There are flights leaving from Tokyo to Honolulu about every 30 minutes or so for about 3 hours during that time slot after the United flight. In other words, the United was the best option but they could easily booked themselves on an alternative flight suffering only minor delays as small as 25 minutes to max. 1~2 hour or so. The connection once in Honolulu to Kona/Hilo is also frequent, every 30~60 minutes or so. It was reported that teams immediately connect on Inter-Island flights once in Honolulu so we can also assume that the two teams chasing each other is in fact: David/Jeff and Reichen/Chip. Knowing that tha latter's car had a slip, the team which drove past in laughters is logically David/Jeff as opposed to Kelly/Jon because the engaged couple was very unlikely to catch up with the delay from Tokyo. But how do we know the car accident happened in the Big Island of Hawaii or even at Hawaii at all? Easy - the environment gave away the location clue. To distinguish Hawaii from Arizona, watch the position of the clouds. Clouds on Hawaiian islands are unique in the sense they feel very low as though you could touch them. It's an awesome sight and anyone who has been to Hawaii will remark that. Arizona is desert and the road they were driving didn't even have a single cactus along which is almost impossible in Arizona. So with that, we know for sure the accident took place in Hawaii. However, it is likely there would be another bunching at the airport from Hawaii to Phoenix where all 3 teams may eventually all catch up or even on the same flight(s). This is perhaps the biggest uncertainty of the leg - how did the tasks on Hawaii differentiate teams's progress so that it wouldn't be all erased by the bunching at the airport? Schedule wise, it seems almost impossible to avoid bunching. The only problem I can see here is the different arrival times into the airport makes it virtually impossible for teams to just copy each other's flight options and teams on their own could make mistakes as to which flight(s) are the best. Other than that, it looks to be a mad dash for all 3 teams on equal footing. That's why I think Kelly/Jon missing the connection in Tokyo wouldn't hurt them much.

Based on the various evidences, I believe David and Jeff has the best chance of winning, followed by Reichen/Chip and Kelly/Jon last. Now, this is not necessarily the order I think they will finish. What I am saying is who seems to be favorite based on past performances and evidences so far - the likelihood based on logic as opposed to mere speculations, in my view, gives edge to David and Jeff.
    Phil

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutroi
    That's most definitely aboriginal Australian, without a doubt because the aboriginal Australians like the Fijians come from a group called Melanasians and their skin color as well as hair somewhat resemble black Africans. Some Fijians even believe their ancestors come from Africa but most scientists and historians don't think so. The Polynesians physically resemble the South-East Asians like the Chinese in their skin color and hair except Polynesians are gigantic.
    Melanesians resemble sub-Saharan Africans in external appearance only, as a result of both groups developing for millennia in equatorial climates.

Genetically-speaking though, they are very far apart. The Africans actually share more genetic similarity with white Europeans than with Australian aboriginals.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Wow. Great analysis there, Tsutroi.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Wow. Great analysis there, Tsutroi.

FORT Newbie
    GO REICHEN/CHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE JON/KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i pray the car spin-off aren't Reichen/Chip

btw... to chipnreichenfan where did you get the pic!!!!!

there so sweet-looking there. FULL OF LOVE!!!!!!
    Last edited by koibito; 08-18-2003 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutroi
    1) In the TV preview, we saw all 3 teams running after what looks the door of a gate opens up in dawn. I can say with confidence that this is where they retrieved their clue which instructed them to travel to Hawaii. The artwork/body painting on the aboriginal man we saw is clearly Australian as opposed to Hawaiian. I am familiar with both aborignal cultures, especially the Polynesian cultures which include the Hawaiians, Tahitians, Maori, Togans and etc. The marks we saw were most definitely not Hawaiian and the skin color is way too dark too. That's most definitely aboriginal Australian, without a doubt because the aboriginal Australians like the Fijians come from a group called Melanasians and their skin color as well as hair somewhat resemble black Africans. Some Fijians even believe their ancestors come from Africa but most scientists and historians don't think so. The Polynesians physically resemble the South-East Asians like the Chinese in their skin color and hair except Polynesians are gigantic. When the first Europeans reached Tonga, the Europeans were scared to death by Tongan males who dwarf European males by a lot like an adult to a child. Plus, the time of the day in the preview suggested it's either dawn or sunset but most likely dawn because Reichen has his jacket on + they wouldn't be bunching during sunset in Hawaii. If there were bunching in Hawaii, it was most likely during day. All evidences suggest what we saw in the preview was the initial bunching before leaving Australia
    The paintings you see done on the people guarding the gates CLEARLY give away that they are aboriginians... The missing connection incident won't make a big deal to the show or CBS won't show it if it controled the whole fate of the race so... they will bunch up together and it will be who does well in the Roadblock to cross the finish line... therefore... the placings tsutroi made arent very reliable although all his other analysis are great

FORT Newbie
    Great analysis as always Tsutroi !!! If you don't mind, a teensy weensy favour ... could you explain more on the last clips,
    1.During D&J and R&C when they were on the cab, especially the time frame. Somehow I think it was nearly the same time because of the sun.
    2.When Chip was running toward a stadium (?)
    3.Jon fell when he was about to climb. I think he was already in AZ by then. Somebody ID the bus already. I think all those clips were taken in AZ, hoping that J&K were the last team because I think that time was about late afternoon while the other two were about high noon/afternoon.

Thanks

PS: I think when Kelly mentioned they missed the connection was not at NRT, prolly HNL. A bit too quiet for NRT

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    wow Tsutroi, what a great analaysis. You obviously done your homework! I hope your right.
    I hope it comes down to the roadblock, hope the roadblock will be the hardest yet mentally,
    3 days to go , cant wait
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Closed Thread