+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/14 Show Discussion Thread (*SPOILERS*)

I won't be writing a recap tonight simply because it's very time consuming and there are plenty of good recaps out there and mine isn't unique enough to warrant the effort I think. But I will comment on the specifics tonight with hopefully some interesting info and perspectives.
    Phil

Ahhh Reichen or Chip Nekkid.......... I'm salivating already :slobber
    "A man usually falls in love with a woman, but not always so be careful."

"It is better to deserve without receiving, than to get hit in the head with a baseball bat."

"Let your heart soar as high as it will go --- but when you're done you better put it back in real quick or you'll die. Can't live without a heart, man, wise up."

"Nothing endures but change --- especially dimes and pennies, they endure like mad men."

"The key to success is in my pocket. Go ahead, try and take it."

Quote Originally Posted by rc4life
    Ahhh Reichen or Chip Nekkid.......... I'm salivating already :slobber
    Refresh my memory, didnt' you say you are a straight guy? Now, dont' tell me this is a new fashion or trend...
    Phil

Wow, can't wait for the season ender...next week will surely be physically demanding....i hope though that R&C could pull away from the pack....it seems the teams were only a few minutes behind.....and again the airport equalizer....Reichen was surely pissed this time...he called Chip an ass*o*e....hey, i think i saw Jon nude in the preview....

Kelly is such a baby. "You don't know what it's like to be the only girl...they scare me". Spare me, please.

I did laugh when they had to go back to the back of the line because they forgot the camera.

The only thing that sucks about the end of the season is that then we have to wait until September 18 for Survivor 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutroi
    Refresh my memory, didnt' you say you are a straight guy? Now, dont' tell me this is a new fashion or trend...
    lol straight GIRL more like it

"It is better to deserve without receiving, than to get hit in the head with a baseball bat."

"Let your heart soar as high as it will go --- but when you're done you better put it back in real quick or you'll die. Can't live without a heart, man, wise up."

"Nothing endures but change --- especially dimes and pennies, they endure like mad men."

Reichen and Chip sems to be getting turns on who's going to do the roadblock...so its Reichen's turn on next week's nudie spot...

I think my favorite quote so far might just be "Kelly's mouth is bigger than all the alligators combined." (or was it crocodiles?)
    Last edited by rc4life; 08-14-2003 at 10:02 PM.

There are a lot of bunchings tonight, something to be expected going to the final leg however my guess is it would be more dramatic and less obvious on the home stretch. Tonight is like those bunchings were to be expected because they haven't covered a lot of distance. The first bunching occured when they had to wait for the hours of operation before they can search in piles of wool for their clue shows which team has the clearest mind under stress. Kelly and Jon are right about one thing, the all-guy teams are very intense and aggressive, they got the energy and the will to push - push - push. Kelly and Jon are more like a girls' team. Come to think of it, Jon isn't exactly that manly not to say he is feminant because he isn't. But the dynamics of team JoKe is such that a man-woman team required a lot better communications because man and woman are different and it's sometimes harder to make each other 'get' what you are talking about. Phil once said many winning teams like Flo and Zach surprised people because they bickered all the time but perhaps the bickering was necessary for communication. I think he is absolutely right. Kelly and Jon may be at each other's throats but at least they talk to each other and managed to communicate. This is just the way they work, more powers to them. And while searching in the wool, you can see intensity in all 3 teams yet Kelly and Jon had the calm and carefulness of a girl's team to gain an edge there and got out before everyone else. The goats on the other hand were first in but last out -> they have this lack of carefulness and details which have been haunting them throughout the race such as getting lost and etc. They will have to work on this, the last leg is about making the least mistakes. Reichen and Chip is like in between the Goats and JoKe here. They got the cool when they need it but they are still men. Reichen, by profession either as a pilot or a military, has learnt to remain calm. We can clearly see Chip is the one freaking out in the last 2 episodes. But both are quite intense and because Chip is leading most of the time due to his experience, maturity and understanding about travel&cultures, when Chip freaks out, he is pulling Reichen along with him. Reichen is like the stabilizer of the team and Chip knows it too as he admits later that thank god Reichen has the patience of putting up with his mistakes. I don't think Reichen is the type of who likes to be led, however, he knows Chip and trusts him. He probably also knows bickering or arguing with Chip is not going to work so he is using the right approach to go about communicating between them which saves a lot of bickering I think. Notice here Reichen deliberately downplays himself to save any potential clash with Chip becuase in a man to man relationship, if both want to lead, you are going to have a problem. You can't work like Kelly-Jon because you will be stuck with a stalemate.
    Phil

+ Reply to Thread