+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAR Ratings analysis, all seasons, all episodes

TAR Ratings analysis, all seasons, all episodes

If you are interested in the ratings of TAR (and I know you are), you may want to check this out. It's just a little something I threw together. Oh, who am I kidding, I've slaved over this for many, many hours. I have found it incredibly frustrating at times to try to find reliable ratings numbers that actually tell me anything important. So, I decided to go on a mission to find, compile, and analyze as much as I could.

The easy numbers to find are the "fast" or "overnight" numbers that come out the day after a program airs. The problem is those often end up being far from the final official numbers. And finding complete lists of official numbers is difficult sometimes too. And even if you find them, they don't tell the whole story. Say there is a movie on from 8:00-10:00, all you usually get is the average rating/viewers for that entire 2hr period. That's no good if you are trying to see how the first hour of that movie compared against an hour-long show on another network.

So, I have painstakingly compiled and tried to put together in a somewhat readable fashion a detailed history of ALL TAR ratings 1-4. Also, I really dug deep into the Summer 2003 numbers for TAR4 and lots of other reality shows (or non-scripted programming, if you prefer).

Please let me know what you think, good or bad. Really do, please. Since this is the only place that I am a member of any TAR-related "board" (are there even others?) you are my only source of praise or criticism. I hope you find something interesting and new in all of my maze of charts and stuff. I admit I approach this with a "glass half-full" analysis of the ratings, but hey I'm a TAR-fanatic so that's how I see it.

Since I wait for the final official numbers to come out for the entire previous week, and then it takes me a few days to find the time to compile and crunch through everything, I am usually at least one episode behind. So, currently the last week that I have finished is the week of July 28-August 3. I will post again when I have added the next week, or if anything else substantially changes.

And, finally, I will shut up already and just give the link.......
    My TAR ratings pages

Enjoy!!!!!!!

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    Great job. It is nice to see how the ratings compare to each season.

Why, oh why can't they be higher! :mad:

Wow great job! You had alot of really good information in there. It really shows TAR's resilliancy. Hopefully TAR will continue to improve these last few weeks. I am somewhat concerned for this week since everyone knows that it is a non-elimination round and that they can just wait for the final week and see the three teams race to the conclusion. This week could be critical to the survival of the show. Lets hope that the fans will support the show in droves this week. No other show in my book leaves the participants knowing that they have just been through one of the most positive experiences in their life.

With the information you have put together you should submit this to the president of CBS. This is great work! This really gives you the whole TAR4 picture. Thanks.

I was thinking the same thing. CBS should know about your stats. That is a great job for someone who has that type of knowledge to put all of that info together. Whoa!!!

Although I love to read this stuff, and find out how my favorite show on TV is doing....I worry about you CGETAR. Hopefully the sun is at least shining through the window.

Seriously, thanks for all the work, CGETAR. I swear, someone has a great salaried job for you at either Nielsen or one of the networks.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fan
    great job!

Over the weekend I added two new very interesting tables of rating info to my little creation. Click the link below. Then choose the link for TAR vs Summer. Then when the next page loads, the top two links are the new ones. Hope you find them fascinating. Unfortunately all of my info is still only through Sunday, August 3. I will be adding another week's worth of data sometime very soon.

Click here for all of my wonderful TAR ratings info

Enjoy! And, yes, I have a window.

Well, all of my ratings info is now updated through the end of the week of Monday, August 4th, through Sunday, August 10th.

Click here to go check out my updated TAR Ratings charts and tables

Here are some highlights from that most recently added week. These are probably much easier to see in the charts on my ratings pages, but here is a summary of the week's numbers so you'll know what to look for in my maze of charts and tables. Enjoy!

* TAR4 won its timeslot for the 4th time in the last 6 weeks.
    * TAR4 stays in its position as the 5th most watched 8:00-9:00pm(E) block of the entire week. But it is getting within striking distance of moving up to 3rd or 4th place.
    * TAR4's numbers for the 11th episode (aired during that week on Thursday, August 7th) were mostly good news when compared against previous TAR seasons.
    * And, now a few notes about some of the "competition"...
    * "Big Brother" was the only show that showed significant improvement--from its already strong position no less.
    * "Cupid", "Paradise Hotel", and "Race To The Altar" all dropped off rather dramatically.
    * "The Restaurant" and "Fear Factor" showed small signs of weakness as they decreased for the second straight week.

Hopefully by next Monday or Tuesday I will have the next week's worth of info added into all of these charts and tables. Since that next week to be added will include the "blackout" dates I am not sure what I will do. I may have to leave out any shows' episodes that aired on Thursday and possibly Friday and Saturday.

Also, John allowed me to put a link on my page back to FORT. (Thanks) Not that it does much good right now, since the only people going to my pages are getting there from FORT

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    * TAR4 won its timeslot for the 4th time in the last 6 weeks.
    * TAR4 stays in its position as the 5th most watched 8:00-9:00pm(E) block of the entire week. But it is getting within striking distance of moving up to 3rd or 4th place.
    nice to hear this!

Woah. Great job! You must have slaved over this for hours...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast