+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why can't Kelly and Jon use thier fast forward?

Still not sure why they weren't allowed to board the Singapore Air flight, though, since they'd already cleared Security at their original gate and had no checked baggage.
    The law here in the US is that if you're not on board the aircraft 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time, they do not have to allow you to board, for security reasons.

It's not a requirement, though, right? It's at the discretion of the gate staff, if I'm not mistaken. Seems like two guys with backpacks and a camera crew wouldn't be a huge security risk, but I may be introducing too many of my own biases to that analysis.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    It could be due to security problems... and the past terrorist attacks...

Hug me!
    Some body please explain to me about "what happened to the rule that only two teams can get on the same flight" on the last race ? Why was that all three teams, Reichen and Chip & Kelly and Jon & David and Jeff were able to get on the same flight ? Dude... TAR is seriously messed up.

I don't remember any such rule. On occasion, specific flights have limited availability, but those situations are clearly laid out in the clue itself. Other than that, the teams are free to pursue any available travel strategy.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Some body please explain to me about "what happened to the rule that only two teams can get on the same flight" on the last race ? Why was that all three teams, Reichen and Chip & Kelly and Jon & David and Jeff were able to get on the same flight ? Dude... TAR is seriously messed up.
    There wasn't any rule about flight options this time around. You get a flight, like it, you take it. No team spaces required.

ruben, I am not trying to be mean or argumentative, but seriously wonder why you even watch this show. I have not seen a single good comment from you about it

Personally I agree with almost every post above, definitely every post by Bravo
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Well, this certainly has picked up since I was here last and posted WAY above. I'd have to agree that I'm not sure why "ruben..." watches, but I'm glad (s)he does--we need all the viewers we can get. And we are all entitled to our opinions--in a way it is refreshing to hear what some people really don't like about the show.

I think NEL are fine--every bit as enjoyable as regular legs. I still get 60 minutes of TAR enjoyment. If you really don't like them just look at it this way, it's just a really lllooonnnggg leg of the race with an intermission that lasts a week. The teams didn't know (when they were in Dodger's stadium at the starting line) when the NEL would be, but as the legs went by it became easier and easier to deduce. They really should spread them around better throughout the race.

And, I've never heard of such a rule regarding only 2 teams on a flight, or whatever. TAR3's final I think all three teams were on several flights together.

If we were to eliminate all of the possibly "unfair" elements of TAR like FF and NEL we would have nothing. What if I think 12 hour PitStops are unnecessary. Why aren't they only 6 hours? And those tasks--all the Detours and RoadBlocks and regular RouteMarkers--don't they know those teams are trying to race around the world? I say who even needs a backpack. Surely with the right connecting flights you could fly around the world in a day or two.

Long live TAR, just as it is (or close anyway).

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Hmm....a race with no elimination rounds, no FF, no required length of time for pitstops.
    That would EcoChallenge-lite with air travel.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345