+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Finale confusion

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    And TAR doesn't need to pull a cheesy FOX-type "twist" to be the best reality show on TV.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

With this week being NEL, is there really even any point in watching?
    Aside from getting a TAR "fix", not really any reason to tune in. TAKE THAT, CBS!

ETA: I'll be watching.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    And TAR doesn't need to pull a cheesy FOX-type "twist" to be the best reality show on TV.

For the record, all three previous TARs have not had 2hr finales. TAR1 played out JUST like TAR4. It had 13 1-hr episodes. Only during TAR2 and TAR3 did we have any 2-hr episodes.

I for one prefer the all 1-hr episode method because it means more total weeks of TAR.

And once again I hate hearing about how much people dislike NELs. You have the right to those feelings, but I just simply don't get it.

From the racers point of view--They should be racing every single leg of the race the same whether it's NEL or not. Even if they 100% know when they start a leg that it is NEL it still matters how fast they finish. To think anything else is quite frankly absurd. One minute faster to the next pit stop could mean that when the next leg starts you are JUST able to catch a plane or a train to the next destination, or you are able to just make it somewhere before something closes. You never know.

From a viewers point of view--I really don't get it. There is 60 minutes of show. Less commercials, credit, previews, re-caps, etc. You only watch it for that one minute when someone is eliminated? What about the destinations, the challenges, and the unexpected comic relief we get at times?

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=CantGetEnufTAR]For the record, all three previous TARs have not had 2hr finales. TAR1 played out JUST like TAR4. It had 13 1-hr episodes. Only during TAR2 and TAR3 did we have any 2-hr episodes.

I for one prefer the all 1-hr episode method because it means more total weeks of TAR.

And once again I hate hearing about how much people dislike NELs. You have the right to those feelings, but I just simply don't get it.

From the racers point of view--They should be racing every single leg of the race the same whether it's NEL or not. Even if they 100% know when they start a leg that it is NEL it still matters how fast they finish. To think anything else is quite frankly absurd. One minute faster to the next pit stop could mean that when the next leg starts you are JUST able to catch a plane or a train to the next destination, or you are able to just make it somewhere before something closes. You never know.

QUOTE]

Yeah, second that! Did you guys see the Amazing Race trailer for next week? It was kinda exciting AND, for your infor, Chip ran over Reichen's foot - I don't think it was too serious, Reichen's expression was just too calm for that incident to be shola and dolyn (TAR2) again.

And just a little food for thought: Last week, R&C made a mistake - racing in a car instead of on foot - Sounds like Heather and Eve, TAR3.

Next week, Reichen's foot is going to get run over by Chip - Shola and Doyln - TAR2.

Don't tell me they will make a succession of mistakes - and make a mistake made in TAR 1 on the finale...
    Trenyce, you are the best. Keep going, Singapore loves you!

Quote Originally Posted by Amos
    Don't tell me they will make a succession of mistakes - and make a mistake made in TAR 1 on the finale...
    What mistake happened in the finale of TAR1? Do you mean the Guidos being far behind? If so, that was a combination of things, and it didn't happen on the finale. Maybe Frank and Marguarita catching a later train? I would say that they simply got unlucky. Slower cab driver, got there right after the train left. Ok now I'm really curious what you mean

This isn't very good... I really wanted a final 2 hour episode

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Isn't it the same? They just wana build up your excitement... For me, I'm ok with anything...

Art
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    For the record, all three previous TARs have not had 2hr finales. TAR1 played out JUST like TAR4. It had 13 1-hr episodes. Only during TAR2 and TAR3 did we have any 2-hr episodes.

I'm pretty sure that all three previous TARs have had 2 hour finales. I wouldn't be freaking out this year if they weren't.

TAR 1 & 2 only had a total of 11 teams competing.
    TAR 3 & 4 upped their teams to a total of 12 teams competing.

Yes, TAR 2 & 3 had special 2 hour episodes. If my mind serves me correctly, both seasons 2 & 3 had a 2-hour double episode, along with a 2-hour finale. Does anyone remember if TAR 1 had 2 or 3 non-elimination legs??
    TAR 2 & 3 were also only 11 episodes (weeks) long, TAR 4 is 13 episodes (weeks) long because of no 2-hour/double episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    This isn't very good... I really wanted a final 2 hour episode
    Well, I don't mind it either way... at least with a 1 hour finale, the show lasts a week longer...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast