+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday Ratings: The Amazing Race WINS 8:00PM Hour

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar

Thursday Ratings: The Amazing Race WINS 8:00PM Hour

From Zap2it.com :
    "The Amazing Race" led off the night for CBS with a 5.7/11. Reruns of "Friends," 5.9/12, and "Scrubs," 4.7/9, put NBC in second. ABC's "50th Anniversary Bloopers" was next at 5.1/10, followed by "WWE Smackdown!" (4.0/7 average from 8 to 10 p.m.) on UPN. FOX re-aired the "Beverly Hills, 90210" reunion special and finished fifth, ahead of The WB's movie "House on Haunted Hill."
    But MediaWeek has slightly different numbers:
    With a first-place finish from 8:30-11p.m., CBS's winning advantage over second-place NBC was a considerable 46 percent last night. The Amazing Race 4 opened with a 5.9/10 followed by the rock-solid 9-11 p.m. combination of CSI R (#1 for the night: 10.6/17) and Without A Trace R (9.1/15). With clowns Jon and Al eliminated on The Amazing Race, that leaves only three teams -- David & Jeff, Reichen & Chip, Kelly & Jon.

On NBC, although a repeat of Friends (7.1/12) took the 8 p.m. half-hour, repeats of Scrubs (6.0/10), Will & Grace (5.9/9) and another episode of Scrubs (5.0/8) ranked second from 8:30-10 p.m. A repeat of ER (5.8/9) capped off the night third at 10 p.m. -- one-tenth of a rating point behind Primetime Thursday on ABC (5.9/10).

Earlier in the evening, a repeat of ABC's 50th Anniversary Blooper Celebration (6.0/10) and Extreme Makeover (5.3/8) ranked third from 8-10 p.m.

I'll reply later today with the futon critic's numbers which are Overnight ratings as opposed to Fast Nationals and are closer to the actual final numbers.

to The Amazing Race for another great week!
    Last edited by NBCDaytimeFan; 08-08-2003 at 01:37 PM.

That's excellent news.

I sincerely hope this is a good indication of a TAR5.

Art

Thats good to hear. Go Amazing Race!!
    Hopefully these ratings will be good signs for TAR5.

Hug me!
    rating will drop next week.. With Al and Jon gone, who really care to tone in anymore.

FORT Regular
    The Futon Critic has a note posted on its front page that there will be no articles posted there until later Friday night or Saturday due to outside commitments, so we'll have to wait at little longer for the numbers.
    >|p >|p

FORT Regular
    Those rating numbers sound great. Sigh...there's no more Jon & Al. Well, we'll get to see glimpses of them again when they cheer for the final three at the finish line.

Even without the clowns, I'll definitely tune in to support the show next week. I think I'm going to watch the remainder of the race more for the destinations and roadblocks/detours, and not so much for the team themselves. As for the $1,000,000, I'm not so sure who in the final three I'd want to win the money. Maybe Reichen & Chip.

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    rating will drop next week.. With Al and Jon gone, who really care to tone in anymore.
    i know plenty of people who were not rooting only for the clowns. the ratings will probably increase, especially the final.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    For one, Reichen and Chip fans will be watching.. If they WERE eliminated, I don't know what will happen man...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    So I guess you won't be participating in any more discussions here either?

FORT Newbie
    the show is gonna get very boring with jon and al gone...and with no elimination or anything next week...the ratings are going to drop

im not from around here but can someone tell me what those numbers for the ratings mean? like 5.7/11...thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast