+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which country/countries THEY HAVE NOT VISITED YET would you like to see in TAR5?

START: USA - New Orleans

(1) PANAMA. Panama City, Isla Taboga

(2) PERU. Lima, Huaraz Area, and Cuzco (where Machu Picchu is)

(3)ROMANIA. Bucharest, Scornicesti (birthplace of Nicolae Ceausescu), and Sighisoara (Dracula's castle in the Transylvannian Hills)

(4) GREECE. Athens and Corinth.

(5) CAMBODIA. Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) and Battambang

(6) THE PHILIPPINES. Cebu and Manila

(7) TAHITI. Papeete and Bora Bora

(8) CANADA. Vancouver and Toronto

END: USA. Chicago
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. .

Japan, definately.
    St. Petersburg, Russia

I actually wouldn't mind if they did a few more challenges in the states. They would probably have to make them harder since there would be no language barrier. Finding anything without getting lost 5 times when I have to drive to Northern Virginia is quite a challenge for me

I would love for them to go to-

Panama: city of Colon

This would be exciting to me since I would be able to recognize some of the sites. Although Colon is probably not the city that will leave the best impression of Panama since it's not really a tourist stop. They could certainly go to different parts.

First, I say make 'em work harder to get out of US. Give them a task or two before heading to the airport. That way it's not just whoever drives the fastest gets the early flights. I like that they spread the teams out at the beginning on different flights, but don't really like that it's just a race to the airport that makes it happen. Give them task(s) and give them assigned tickets based on the order of finishing the task(s). Make 'em earn their early lead.

New countries to visit, in no particular order--
    (1) some places in C or S America
    (2) W Europe--Spain, Ireland, Belgium, any of the Scandinavian countries
    (3) E Europe--Greece, any of the former Soviet republic countries and/or somewhere in western Russia
    (4) Egypt, Kuwait, UAE
    (5) Canada

And I think I may be in the minority, but I really don't mind them visiting countries they've already been to. It's not like they've done everything there is to do in France, or Italy, or Australia, or anywhere else. As long as they add in a few new countries each time I'm okay with it. Off the top of my head, this year we got The Netherlands and South Korea as new countries.

CJT

Wow!!!

These are really great suggestions guys!!! You people are
    very intelligent and knowledgeable about places!!!

I hope producers of upcoming TAR can read this and get
    ideas from us LOYAL Fans!!!

Bravo to all of you! Good choices!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    First, I say make 'em work harder to get out of US. Give them a task or two before heading to the airport. That way it's not just whoever drives the fastest gets the early flights. I like that they spread the teams out at the beginning on different flights, but don't really like that it's just a race to the airport that makes it happen. Give them task(s) and give them assigned tickets based on the order of finishing the task(s). Make 'em earn their early lead.

New countries to visit, in no particular order--
    (1) some places in C or S America
    (2) W Europe--Spain, Ireland, Belgium, any of the Scandinavian countries
    (3) E Europe--Greece, any of the former Soviet republic countries and/or somewhere in western Russia
    (4) Egypt, Kuwait, UAE
    (5) Canada

And I think I may be in the minority, but I really don't mind them visiting countries they've already been to. It's not like they've done everything there is to do in France, or Italy, or Australia, or anywhere else. As long as they add in a few new countries each time I'm okay with it. Off the top of my head, this year we got The Netherlands and South Korea as new countries.
    Well, making it harder to get out of the US would be better than just driving to the airport. Maybe taking clues out of a box that already have the tickets in them. It'd be a random draw as to who got on each flight. And, as I suggested earlier, maybe starting them off in the foreign country.

I don't mind that they visit the same countries- they've been to Thailand, France, Italy, and India at least twice, yet the don't take them to the same places or make them do the same tasks. I agree that even with the countries they've visited, there's still a lot more to see.

SO MANY!

North America: Toronto, Vancouver, New Orleans, San Diego, Chicago, Niagara Falls, Boston
    Latin America: Puerto Rico, DR, Costa Rica, Panama, Peru, Buenos Aires, Chile, Bahia, Ecuador
    Europe: Croatia!, Rome, Berlin, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Prague, Spain, Hungary, Moscow, St Petersburg
    Africa/MidEast: Egypt, Petra (Jordan), Dubai!!!, Abidjan (or other west africa), Kenya (Mombasa, Nairobi), Seychelles, Madagascar, Mali (Bamako, Timbuktu)
    Asia: Cambodia!!, Laos!! (LuangPhrabang is gorgeous!), Bali!!!, Kyoto and other Japan, Wulingyuan (China), Yellow Dragon Lake (China), Nepal, Sri Lanka, Mongolia, Azerbaijan
    Pacific: Tahiti, Fiji, Papua New Guinea
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Regular
    Guam, Dominican Republic, PHILIPPINES, Egypt, Tahiti, Brazil

Macau via Hong Kong again... I loved the leg in HK

CJT
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLastBoyScout
    START: USA - New Orleans

(1) PANAMA. Panama City, Isla Taboga

(2) PERU. Lima, Huaraz Area, and Cuzco (where Machu Picchu is)

(3)ROMANIA. Bucharest, Scornicesti (birthplace of Nicolae Ceausescu), and Sighisoara (Dracula's castle in the Transylvannian Hills)

(4) GREECE. Athens and Corinth.

(5) CAMBODIA. Siem Reap (Angkor Wat) and Battambang

(6) THE PHILIPPINES. Cebu and Manila

(7) TAHITI. Papeete and Bora Bora

(8) CANADA. Vancouver and Toronto

END: USA. Chicago
    WOW!! This is so detailed and precise!!! CBS, Jerry, and Van
    should be reading this! What an interesting locales!

GOOD JOB!!! But, can we add Japan (Tokyo) to the list?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast