+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What about those FAST FORWARDS?!

Maybe instead of being to their disadvantage it could be to their advantage that RC used their FF. Assuming there is an elimination leg maybe more than one team would go for the FF hoping not to get Philminated and to get in the top 3. Just a thought.
    "A man usually falls in love with a woman, but not always so be careful."

"It is better to deserve without receiving, than to get hit in the head with a baseball bat."

"Let your heart soar as high as it will go --- but when you're done you better put it back in real quick or you'll die. Can't live without a heart, man, wise up."

"Nothing endures but change --- especially dimes and pennies, they endure like mad men."

"The key to success is in my pocket. Go ahead, try and take it."

I think that....................MAybe Kelly and Jon would use their ff on the 12th leg and win!
    JUst kidding.........I think maybe they can use it or maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by weirdgal
    I think that....................MAybe Kelly and Jon would use their ff on the 12th leg and win!
    JUst kidding.........I think maybe they can use it or maybe not?
    Reposting some comments from the first page of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutroi
    According to Ian and Terri, Leg 11 is the last segment where a FF may be used. Pauli has clarified that Leg 13 never has FF. So there is a slight possibility that Leg 12 (NEL) might have FF but if Ian and Terri are correct, which I believe they are, no FF beyond Leg 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    The latest we've ever seen a team use the FF was Wil & Tara on Leg 11 of TAR2. We don't know if there's one available in Leg 12, as no Final 3 team has ever been in the position to use it.

Even if there is a FF in Leg 12, I'm sure there's a significant bunching point (like leaving from Alaska or Hawaii in previous races) at the beginning of Leg 13 to neutralize its value.

SVM
    FORT Newbie
    I think this week (Aug. 7) will definitely be an elimination round, because I was watching the Early Show last Friday and they said that they will have the next eliminated team from TAR4 this Friday (Aug.8). By the way, since this week will be an elimination round, then what's the point of the 3rd non-elimination leg? (we already know that there will always be 3 teams in the final leg)

To jock into the best position for the final leg

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    But it's almost like the first team that has not used the FF should go for it....Because if they don't someone behind them might and then they'll be out.
    Correct. And bravo!

Normally, the optimal strategy is to use the Fast Forward only when you're last, so as to leap frog over others and save yourself from elimination.

In the current circumstances, where 3 teams still have FF's left and only 1 or 2 legs left to use them, the optimal strategy is to use the FF when you're ahead, not behind. That way you can be more assured of getting the FF. Whereas if you're behind, going for the FF now would be unwise because a team ahead of you likely has gone for the FF and you likely will have wasted the time and effort.

I hope Jon/Kelly realize in the next episode that being in 1st place they are in the perfect position to go for the FF. Otherwise, if they save the FF for too long, they might waste it by leaving it unused or worst attempting the FF later when another leading team will have gotten to it first (as was the case with the orangutan FF).

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bill
    I hope Jon/Kelly realize in the next episode that being in 1st place they are in the perfect position to go for the FF. Otherwise, if they save the FF for too long, they might waste it by leaving it unused or worst attempting the FF later when another leading team will have gotten to it first (as was the case with the orangutan FF).
    technically, that is right. however, if kelly&jon decided to use the FF, they most probably would need to go to another country(wherever they go to) before they can use it. by that time, their lead would have been diminished by the bunching up at the airport. furthermore, the previews show them performing the 'standard tasks'. Thus, this leads me to believe that they will not be taking the FF...

not sure about the other 2 teams though... but my guess is all 3 teams will not take the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by rc4life
    Maybe instead of being to their disadvantage it could be to their advantage that RC used their FF. Assuming there is an elimination leg maybe more than one team would go for the FF hoping not to get Philminated and to get in the top 3. Just a thought.
    I agree with you... the other teams may try to get the ff all at the same time...

I think K&J will taking the FF this week cause it's an elimination leg, but only if they get there first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123