+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What about those FAST FORWARDS?!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I was actually surprised no one used in the last episode.
    I'm sure all the teams guessed it was a non-elimination leg so using a FF would be a total waste.

FORT Regular
    but leaving the FF could possibly end up having 2 or more teams deiciding to go for it leaving a team or two screwed

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LordGarlic
    but leaving the FF could possibly end up having 2 or more teams deiciding to go for it leaving a team or two screwed
    Therefore, unless a team is in dire straits, I agree with Tsutroi's theory that no one may end up going for the FF at all.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    So the remaining 3 teams with the Fast Forward are at an advantage. So Reichen and Chip...

Hope they eliminate themselves to try to go for the ff

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    So the remaining 3 teams with the Fast Forward are at an advantage. So Reichen and Chip...
    No, only one of the remaining 3 teams with a Fast Forward are at an advantage. The other 2 teams will either have no advantage over Chip & Reichen, or could actually be at a disadvantage.

Scenario #1: One team goes for the FF and gain the advantage. Chip & Reichen are still on an equal footing with the other 2 teams for the regular part of the leg.

Scenario #2: Two teams go for the FF. Only one gets it, putting the team which loses the FF at a severe disadvantage for the regular part of the leg.

Scenario #3: All 3 teams go for the FF. That puts 2 teams at a disadvantage for the regular part of the leg.

Scenario #4: No team goes for the FF, so it's a moot point.

Actually, I'm glad that C & R have already used the FF. They can just focus on doing the regular tasks and aren't in danger of competing with another team for it and possibly losing out.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    No, only one of the remaining 3 teams with a Fast Forward are at an advantage. The other 2 teams will either have no advantage over Chip & Reichen, or could actually be at a disadvantage.

Scenario #1: One team goes for the FF and gain the advantage. Chip & Reichen are still on an equal footing with the other 2 teams for the regular part of the leg.

Scenario #2: Two teams go for the FF. Only one gets it, putting the team which loses the FF at a severe disadvantage for the regular part of the leg.

Scenario #3: All 3 teams go for the FF. That puts 2 teams at a disadvantage for the regular part of the leg.

Scenario #4: No team goes for the FF, so it's a moot point.

Actually, I'm glad that C & R have already used the FF. They can just focus on doing the regular tasks and aren't in danger of competing with another team for it and possibly losing out.
    So it must be one of the rules that no teams can use their fast forward on Top 3 positioning leg of the race? Oh i see...

I thought I remembered Phil specifically stating that the leg which pares the group down to the final 3 is the last one in which a FF can be used. As LAGuy pointed out above, deciding to go for the FF at this point could have a huge impact on how things play out this time around. If you go for it and it's already gone, you could miss out on the final leg. I'm expecting teams to ignore the FF unless they are so far out in front of the other two candidates that they know they can safely attain it without worrying about another team scooping them.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

From the previews, we can see 3 teams doing the climbing-down-building detour except the Goats. I don't think that's because they got the FF, it really doesn't feel like it. And basically, CBS has hidden the Goats virtually in the preview which definitely sounds fishy to me. I am more convined than ever that the Goats might be in trouble for next week.
    Phil

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    But it's almost like the first team that has not used the FF should go for it....

Because if they don't someone behind them might and then they'll be out.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast