+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: They Never Claimed It Was Calamari TAR recap Episode 10

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Once at the Detour these two decide that David would be better suited for the challenge. He strips down to his skivvies and jumps into the icy cold water. Jeff and the clowns cheer him on, and like the others before him he is dried off b a bunch of strangers.
    I guess it sadly reinforces the anonymity of their situation when I'm the only one to point out to you that it was Jeff, the dark-haired guy, who did the ice water swim, not David, the taller, lighter haired guy.

actually... you know what's sad? I still can't tell Jon and Al apart and they get air time AND look completely different. Sheesh.

I could have sworn they were cheering David, but you are right it was Jeff. Sorry about that
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Cali, OMG, I always get Jon and Al confused! Not sure why....

I could tell Derek and Drew apart easier for some reason!

I finally figured out the key to Jeff/David and telling them apart. JEFF is the one that I personally find cuter. And of course you know how I feel about that name, so .... Hope this helps you too!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Silly kidsÖ thatís Phil talking. He could be catching me up on the amount of lint he found in the dryer and I would listen. Rewind.So Phil recounts the happenings from last week, and I listen like I am getting a first hand account of the burning bush from Moses himself. Since I donít type like Phil talks, Iíll spare you the details.
    I too find a New Zealander accent sexy, but only from a female voice. From a male voice, it sounds more educated and authoritative. The New Zealanders seems to speak easily with proper grammer but without pretension.

My least favorite accent is surprisingly right next door in Australia. Their slangs and twangs (especially from the Outback) makes their English almost incomprehensible, eventhough I do like waltzing matilda.

I like Australian accents. I like New Zealand accents, I like Peruvian, English, French, Mexican....

yeah, I'm a sucker for an accent... as long as what's being said is intelligent or funny, or informative, or about lint in the dryer

Amazing Race Lover miss_ambiguous's Avatar

i also am a sucker for accents as well....
    Cheering for Brian/Greg, Lynn/Alex

I guess it sadly reinforces the anonymity of their situation when I'm the only one to point out to you that it was Jeff, the dark-haired guy, who did the ice water swim, not David, the taller, lighter haired guy.
    Hey! I knew that too! But I didn't notice that in the recap. I figured out last week that David was the one with the weird bleached hair that stands on end and Jeff's the one with the darker hair.

By the way, I still couldn't tell the Clowns apart until I realized that Jon's the one with the flat top cut.

actually... you know what's sad? I still can't tell Jon and Al apart and they get air time AND look completely different. Sheesh.

I could have sworn they were cheering David, but you are right it was Jeff. Sorry about that
    Same here... I still can't tell Jon from Al...

I feel much better now. I still think I should be able to tell them all apart because I write the recaps, but.... Well, I can't

The really important thing is I can tell my husband from his brother :whew

Cali, great job!

Silly kids… that's Phil talking. He could be catching me up on the amount of lint he found in the dryer and I would listen. Rewind.

I am pretty sure I've mentioned in a previous recap that teams should not take the "Yes" head movement that is the nod to actually mean yes. Oh well.

Have guys been lying about that whole shrinkage thing all these years? Sorry, I really am not one to notice these kids of things but ...

In order to extend their paragraph I will just insert the following speculation:

( I wonder what Kelly calls it? …clair perhaps?).

There's Phil. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Kelly and Jon are my favorites to win. But your remarks about them make me . I'm sure they enjoy your recaps too. They seem like they can take it as well as dish it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast