+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: They Never Claimed It Was Calamari TAR recap Episode 10

Oh, here's some (rather lame) insider info for you guys: I have a black belt in Taekwondo and have broken many boards in my day. The yell or "kiap" in Korean that Taekwondo people always do while attacking really helps you get more energy (force), and the boards, thus, break much easier. I think Jon, Al, & Jon did it, but the others did not. Also, the stance is very important, as you want a solid base (= power) behind your punch. I also agree with everything LG said.

And, just some nitpicky terminology stuff:

Dojo & Sensei (school & teacher, respectively) are Japanese and are used in Karate. In Korean and for Taekwondo, it's Dojang & Sabumnim.

damn, I knew I should have actually done some research for that part.

Thanks Mantenna, it's not being nitpicky to correct me like that... I actually appreciate it. I won't change it in the recap only because it would make your post look pretty silly

I also meant to welcome rreyes44 ... I may be biased but I think that was a darn good first post.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

JR.
    Another fine recap Cali, but I am unhappy with you're comments about the shark. No creature should be fed such rubbish

That was very fast! Anyway, there are many quotable parts in your recap, and I enjoyed them all.

Great job, cali!

At the Roadblock it is decided that Chip has the colder personality and he will perform the task. He strips down to his undies and we get to see more than we bargained for. I have a feeling CBS would have called for the “Blur Dot Sensor Guy” to work his magic, but I’m not sure they had a “Blur Dot” big enough. Honestly, I’m not one to even notice things like that, but…

So Chip dives into the ICEWATER and swims the path to the exit. Have guys been lying about that whole shrinkage thing all these years? Sorry, I really am not one to notice these kids of things but…
    I totally thought the same thing, cali! What's up with all this shrinkage talk? I didn't see any!

Fantastic recap! You wrote exactly what I thought about ALL the contestants!
    Who shot who in the what now?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Cali, please don't change one single thing!

We love it just the way it is. If we didn't, we wouldn't read it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    At the Roadblock it is decided that Chip has the colder personality and he will perform the task. He strips down to his undies and we get to see more than we bargained for. I have a feeling CBS would have called for the “Blur Dot Sensor Guy” to work his magic, but I’m not sure they had a “Blur Dot” big enough. Honestly, I’m not one to even notice things like that, but…

So Chip dives into the ICEWATER and swims the path to the exit. Have guys been lying about that whole shrinkage thing all these years? Sorry, I really am not one to notice these kids of things but…
    My only thought was that Reichen is one lucky boy.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Once at the temple, they seem to have no problem locating their Buddha. I seem to think Buddha himself was throwing the statue at them, along with the key, the rattan basket, and the clue. Anything to get them out of the temple. I could be wrong.

Tune in next week when Kelly gets eaten by a shark.

Great job, Cali! I, too, will spend the week with pleasant thoughts of Kelly getting chomped on by a shark.

THey really deserve to win a vacation,all of the teams had won! Good recap though!

FORT Newbie
    this ep is i think one of the bizzarre eps ever happened (excluding how flo win the TAR 3 though!). I did notice the package chip has when he strips down and gets out of the icy water and i said to myself that should shrink right? coz of the cold water? Reichen should be lucky then! I still would like kelly to be eaten by the shark not chip! but maybe the shark would throw up kelly due to the bad words coming out of her mouth! ha ha ha ha ha! Nice recap cali!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Another fine recap Cali, but I am unhappy with you're comments about the shark. No creature should be fed such rubbish
    I agree no more. Poor shark.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast