+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: August 7th TAR

August 7th TAR

Teams arrive at the penthouse of a skyscraper, only to discover that they must descend down the side of the building from the balcony...face first.

A harrowing Roadblock requires teammates to stay calm while retrieving a clue from a tank teeming with huge sharks. That's easier said than done, especially for Reichen, who's already in the water.

Kelly & Jon prod Reichen & Chip in order to make them lose their cool.

A small mistake results in a penalty. Will it be Heather & Eve all over again?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Why am I not surprised that Kelly and Jon prod Reichen and Chip?

I wonder who gets the penalty.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I'm a TAR newbie. What's a penalty? How do penalties work? In what instances are they given? Is it if someone bends a rule (i.e. taking a cab when told specifically to take a train)?

Or, I suppose, I could just stop being lazy and read the TAR cheat sheet.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    I'm a TAR newbie. What's a penalty? How do penalties work? In what instances are they given? Is it if someone bends a rule (i.e. taking a cab when told specifically to take a train)?
    Well, in last season a penalty was given to Heather&Eve when they took a cab to the pitstop instead of walking when the clue said that they must walk to the next pitstop. They gave Heather&Eve a 37 minute penalty which resulted in them being eliminated because the teams were so close together.

In TAR 1, a penalty was given to a team when they skipped a roadblock.

Those "fouls" were pretty blatant.

Got it. Thanks!

And for clarification, the "penalty" is an addition of time to their arrival time. So, maybe they add 30 minutes, making them actually the eliminated team..Or maybe it has no effect.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Why am I not surprised that Kelly and Jon prod Reichen and Chip?
    I'm not either. "Prod" them about what I wonder?

But I don't know if what they mean by "prod" as "trash talk" but I can see Kelly&Jon doing that too. Not that I have a problem with that, as much as I dislike Kelly&Jon, this is a race for a million bucks after all.

FORT Regular
    Actually, I stand corrected. In TAR 1 Nancy & Emily were slapped with a 24-hour penalty for having opted not to perform the Detour. I guess penalties vary depending on how much of an advantage you get by not following the clue correctly.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    HHhhmmm... Penalty next week? That sounds bad. I guess it's over for that team... Wonder who could it be?

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    Teams arrive at the penthouse of a skyscraper, only to discover that they must descend down the side of the building from the balcony...face first.

A harrowing Roadblock requires teammates to stay calm while retrieving a clue from a tank teeming with huge sharks. That's easier said than done, especially for Reichen, who's already in the water.

Kelly & Jon prod Reichen & Chip in order to make them lose their cool.

A small mistake results in a penalty. Will it be Heather & Eve all over again?
    Is it a roadblock? I mean, if it is, Kelly would have make Jon do it instead. So it could be Detour afterall...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast