+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: August 7th TAR

I'm betting Duhvid and Jeff make the mistake. See my post in the "who's the dumbest" thread for a list of the silly mistakes they've made this race.

And add to it their hopping on the wrong subway in Korea. They were like- "Hey! There's a subway! We can't tell if it's the right one...but...it's leaving! Better get on it, just in case!" Although that's what comes from Southern California's lack of public transportation, i suppose.

I would've expected Jon and Kelly would go for the fast forward, since they would leave 1st and would presumably get the fast forward first. They've been growing on me lately, but if they really get on R&C's case, then...back to the bottom of my list they go! Maybe the building thing is the fast forward.

And I guess Reichen gets in the water and goes for the clue before he knows there's a shark in there? Or what? That teaser was written kinda weird...

AND for penalties- here's how I understand it anyway- teams are set back half an hour PLUS the maximum amount of time they gained by performing a task if they make a mistake (such as driving when it says to walk). If teams fail to complete a task, they are given a 24-hour penalty (like in TAR 1 in the best episode EVER, when the guidos won the fast forward, then decided to check into a hotel overnight while the other teams went to the pitstop and Nancy & Emily thought they were hopelessly in last place, so skipped the detour, only to find out they would not have been eliminated if only they had completed the task!).
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Not sure that's always true on the penalties, Aota. All 3 final teams were penalized an hour for getting help with the bicycle and boat-paddling tasks in the finale last season. But since all 3 teams were penalized, it didn't make any difference in the outcome.

The synopsis in our newspaper's TV guide says that "one team attacks another personally". Sounds like Kelly and Jon's usual behavior. You never know though.

According to the CBS previews, it is indeed Jon and Kelly who attack Reichen and Chip. These two teams seem to get along well thus far in the race so I'm willing to bet the editors are once again blowing this one out of proportion ala Chuck's panic attack at LeMans.

ok what if, what if Reichen and Chip receive the penalty at the
    beginning of the show- they were to eat those octopi, instead drank made shooters out of them, i know that sounds odd but I was thinking about that today

question: are penalties given in the same leg the rule was broken, or can they be given after the leg? if it's the first, then none of the teams have done anything wrong to receive the penalty. at least i don't think so.

cajro62 - i doubt that would be the reason for a penalty, since they did consumed all of the octopi, even if they chopped them up and put them in cold water.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frillybunny
    question: are penalties given in the same leg the rule was broken, or can they be given after the leg? if it's the first, then none of the teams have done anything wrong to receive the penalty. at least i don't think so.

cajro62 - i doubt that would be the reason for a penalty, since they did consumed all of the octopi, even if they chopped them up and put them in cold water.
    The penalty is given at the end of the lake... When teams check in at the pit stop... And the topic about the penalty is in the next week.. So you wouldn't have seen it. The octopi detour has NO penalties. The mistakes by that team will be shown on next episode and the penalty will be given at next week's pit stop. Hope you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadmatt
    According to the CBS previews, it is indeed Jon and Kelly who attack Reichen and Chip. These two teams seem to get along well thus far in the race so I'm willing to bet the editors are once again blowing this one out of proportion ala Chuck's panic attack at LeMans.
    Yup, that's probably true...

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    The penalty is given at the end of the lake... When teams check in at the pit stop... And the topic about the penalty is in the next week.. So you wouldn't have seen it. The octopi detour has NO penalties. The mistakes by that team will be shown on next episode and the penalty will be given at next week's pit stop. Hope you understand.
    oh ok. i understand completely. thanks! although, now i'm even more worried.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frillybunny
    oh ok. i understand completely. thanks! although, now i'm even more worried.
    You must be worrying about whether Reichen and Chip will be eliminated next week from the previews and talks about Kelly and Jon prodding them... Same thought crosses my mind as well...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast