+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: August 7th TAR

FORT Regular
    Next week I think I'm gonna get heart attacked. Four teams fight to get a berth in the Final Three and one team will be eliminated? Which team will be so unlucky?

I read something about penalty, does anyone here predict which teams get the penalty next week?
    Would it be Reichen and Chip? I hope not. But, what the website says about is Reichen having trouble to stay calm while retrieving a clue in a tank with huge sharks. Will Reichen panic and make some mistakes which cause them penalty? For those R&C die-hard fans or who root for them, let's pray that they will not be eliminated. I dun care which teams get their penalty, as long as it isn't meant for Reichen and Chip. I dun want them to go, but I want them to win the race. They are so close to win the million bucks, I'll be very very sad if they are going to bid farewell to us next week.

FORT Regular
    They have the video preview for next weeks episode up on the CBS website. Going down the side of the building looks like a detour because there were other teams shown waiting to do it. The shark swimming thing looks like a roadblock.

I'll take a wild guess that David&Jeff get the penalty for no reason whatsoever.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I hope Reichen & Chip don't get the penalty because they've been such good players so far.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

FORT Fan
    who do you all think would acquire the fast forward in this episode? think its between the clowns and the goats as kelly&jon seemed to be performing the 'standard tasks' in the previews.

Penalties

For penalties, I believe this is what happens:

30 minutes if you do something wrong (or more depending on the severity, I guess, based on what happened in TAR 1), PLUS the time you saved for skipping that step.

Andre and Damon incurred a penalty, too, because they didn't follow the route on the map when they had to ride the donkey cart. So they got a 30 minute penalty PLUS 10 minutes (or something like that) because that's how much time they saved by not following the route.

In Heather and Eve's case last year (Harvard law graduates my butt! I think they missed the class called "Read the Fine Print 101"), they saved about 15 minutes. With the 30 minutes added on to that, they wound up being in last place, which was a relief for Aaron and Arienne. In the end, the difference in time between the two teams was less than 10 minutes.

Moral of the story... follow the instructions!

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    A small mistake results in a penalty. Will it be Heather & Eve all over again?
    A small mistake would be something like not reading the clue closely and doing something in the wrong order. So it's probably not Kelly not finishing the rappelling task. My vote is with D&J - the goats have had quite a few instances little dumb things like not seeing the clue on the side of the wheelbarrow last week. Didn't they do the rappelling down the rock face in France, then hike all the way up the canyon before they figured out their next clue had been at the bottom?

Heck, they've all made that kind of mistake. Hard to predict who it wil be!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Maybe the clowns are the team that gets penalized. Kelly and Jon prodding Reichen and Chip- Maybe they are doing the "moley moley? schtik and making them laugh and they mess up. the reason why i think that is did anyone catch Kelly cheering on Chip at the roadblock last nite? maybe its one of those no pun intended, previews that make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by xtremist
    who do you all think would acquire the fast forward in this episode? think its between the clowns and the goats as kelly&jon seemed to be performing the 'standard tasks' in the previews.
    My guess is the goats simply because their in last place. Plus, I didn't see them in the previews. But then again, I thought they would go for the FF 2 episodes ago because I didn't see them in the preview then, either. Seeing as how Kelly/Jon were doing the detour, it's obviously between those 2 teams.

I'd like to see Reichen/Chip make the final 3, but I don't like them enough to want them to win (I like them a lot better than I did in the beginning, though.) Those 2 have made so many mistakes but always rebounded that I can't see them getting eliminated. But maybe even though a person gets the penalty, they still aren't eliminated. I remember that Heather/Eve would have been saved if Aaron/Arianne had been just 10 later in getting to the PS.

I think it will be David and Jeff, because they are clumsy! Maybe they misread the clue?!?!?!?! I think Reichen and Chip will confront them anyway!

Amazing Race Lover miss_ambiguous's Avatar
    i really am hoping that it's not david and jeff, but for some reason, i think it MIGHT be, because they are very quick on their feet... or it could be kelly and jon, with them fighting and not paying attention... but you know

we won't know for sure until next thursday!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast