+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Guess the final destination

Someone said earlier a spoiler said they return to "the western USA".

So that rules out Boston, Chicago, New Orleans...

So there's San Diego (yay!!!)- they could end at the Hotel del Coronado, the San Diego Zoo, Casa del Prada at Balboa Park, or (my pick) at the Cabrillo Monument at the tip of Point Loma- where there is a gorgeous scenic overlook of the city and the pacific.

OR there's Phoenix- they could go from there to the Grand Canyon, perhaps.

OR Salt Lake City- recent olympics there, beautiful temples, mountains...

Portland? Denver? Santa Fe?
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

FORT Newbie
    from tvguide.com:

Amazing Race 4
    It's Like Adam Building His First House!

The fourth edition of the 45,000-mile race around the world concludes as the last three teams vie for victory in a western state on the U.S. mainland after stops in Australia and Hawaii.

“We've always had very exciting endings,” says host Phil Keoghan. “I can assure you that we get the same thing again here, with the teams head-to-head to the finish line. There are twists and turns and quite dramatic changes right up to the last minute.” Keoghan also says the challenges in the season ender require the players to make “the biggest mental leaps” of the entire race. The pairs vying for the $1 million first-place prize: married gay partners Reichen and Chip; best friends David and Jeff; and engaged couple Kelly and Jon.

The observatory may not be the final pit-stop. My hunch is that now they are going to the Big Island of Hawaii, the observatory is probably the Canada-France-Hawaii telescope about 9000 feet above sea-level on Mauna Loa.
    Phil

I agree... I've also been to the observatory in Mauna Loa and it looks pretty much like it... although i'm not too sure though

***SPOILER***

i just got my issue of entertainment weekly and they have revealed that the race will end in....
    ARIZONA. there's also a pic of the three teams in front of what looks like a shaman or something in hawaii so at least we know that they're neck to neck in hawaii!

tom

Good one Lupin! Spoken like a true midwesterner.
    Everywhere you go, always take the weather with you.
    ~ Crowded House ~

Wanna-be TAR Racer invisible777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tom rocks
    ***SPOILER***

i just got my issue of entertainment weekly and they have revealed that the race will end in....
    ARIZONA. there's also a pic of the three teams in front of what looks like a shaman or something in hawaii so at least we know that they're neck to neck in hawaii!

tom

Um.

CJT
    Quote Originally Posted by tom rocks
    ***SPOILER***

tom
    Phoenix or Tucson? I didn't see any Grand Canyons though but
    there was skydiving! Could it be somewhere in California... say
    San Jose?

Here's what Entertainment Weekly says:

Why the Amzing Race isn't the biggest show on television remains a mystery to me...but now my mild confusion has turned into outright panic as the season (and most likely the series, unless CBS changes its mind) finale is upon us. If it truly is the end, Race goes out with a bang. Jeff and David take a huge risk, Chip and Reichen skid of the road, and in perhaps the most shocking development of all, Kelly and Jon actually seem to be getting along! By the time they get to Arizona (the final destination), you'll be praying this race doesn't get laid to rest.

For some odd reason I just knew it was RC's car that skidded off the road
    "A man usually falls in love with a woman, but not always so be careful."

"It is better to deserve without receiving, than to get hit in the head with a baseball bat."

"Let your heart soar as high as it will go --- but when you're done you better put it back in real quick or you'll die. Can't live without a heart, man, wise up."

"Nothing endures but change --- especially dimes and pennies, they endure like mad men."

"The key to success is in my pocket. Go ahead, try and take it."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast