+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Write to save The Amazing Race

FORT Regular
    We're not done yet.

Some additional addresses and information:

Folks are urged to not only write letters to Mr. Moonves at CBS but to also write (in seprate, individualized personal letters) to the president of CBS Entertainment and its vice president for alternative series development:

Ms. Nancy Tellem
    President of CBS Entertainment
    CBS Television City
    7800 Beverly Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90036

Mr. Ghen Maynard, Vice President, Alternative Series Development
    CBS
    CBS Television City
    7800 Beverly Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90036

All three (Moonves, Tellem, and Maynard) will be involved in the final decision on TAR. Make sure the letters are not duplicates of each other, since these folks might share the letters.

If you want to express appreciation and support of the show, you can write to:

Bertram van Munster
    c/o World Race Productions
    4120 Del Rey Ave.
    Marina del Rey, CA 90292

And for Canadians, especially those who do not watch the CBS broadcast, someone found the following address for CTV to express their support for CTV and to ask them to urge CBS to renew the show:

CTV
    P.O. Box 9, Station 'O,' Scarborough
    Ontario, Canada M4A2M9
    >|p >|p

FORT Regular
    I received an email from someone who I only know as an email address, but who had provided accurate information about season four in the past. This anonymous contact asked that I pass the following on to you all:

CBS is shifting its weight. I can't be positive that the letter campaign is what is doing it, but it can't be hurting it. Before the finale the stance was less than 50-50 the show would be continued. Well, since then the teeter has tottered and the momentum is picking up for the show to be renewed. So don't quit now, rally the fans and drive it home.
    My minimalist interpretation: Keep up the pressure on the CBS folks, write your individualized personal snail-mail letters to them and to the advertisers, a.s.a.p.!

If you've passed the word to other forums previously, pass this message (and the other CBS related addresses posted just above in this thread on to those places as well!
    >|p >|p

FORT Regular
    Well, the campaign has been successful with the official announcement of TAR's renewal for a fifth season, most likely to air in summer 2004.
    I want to thank all of you who wrote. None of us can be certain as to what impact it has, but it my mind it had to have had an impact.
    IT would be appropriate to write the holy trinity at CBS (Moonves, Tettem, and Maynard) to express you appreciation and thanks for the renewal. It would also be appropriate to express thanks to Bertran Van Munster, Elise Dognernari and Jerry Bruckheimer for their tireless efforts to secure the renewal. (Addresses for these folks are upthread.)
    But it worked, didn't it?
    >|p >|p

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345