+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Write to save The Amazing Race

I would write to your local station as well as CBS, ARG.

FORT Regular
    Let me add to what John said. If you're outside the US, write to both your local broadcaster(s) (some of you get it more than once in Asia and the western Pacific) and to whoever advertises on those broadcasts. Thank them as well, and ask them to urge CBS and Mr. Moonves to renew TAR.
    >|p >|p

FORT Fan
    I have the addresses and link...but anyone have more email addresses???? you can email the network at the site, but I may look up some more email addys...sometimes that is easier for people...just a thought thanks
    ~Save~TAR !!!

FORT Regular
    I hate to say it, but your letters probably won't save it.

I'll write a letter, but I'm also afraid it won't help. I managed to get my brother to start watching it last week. He liked it. One convert down, just a few million to go

As much as I dislike the idea of a celebrity Amazing Race, I wonder if that is the only way to save the show? Won't more people watch a celebrity edition, get hooked on the concept, and then continue to watch non-celebrity seasons?

I would hate to see this show go. It's definitely my favorite reality show.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidM
    Why do you say that? :mad:

True, David, they may very well not help. But NOT writing them definitely won't save it.

FORT Regular
    DavidM said:
    --------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------

Let me reinterate something I said in my original post on this subject that I put in the Reichen and Chip thread.
    Someone with a known connection with TAR contacted me directly and asked that I spread the information. Plwase accept on face value my representation that the request would not have been made unless it was thought that snail mail letters (and not e-mail) directed at CBS could be helpful right now. Pessimism will not get TAR renewed. (A letter in the U.S. only costs $.37, a sheet of paper, some ink, and an envelope. Now such a big investment, other than your time and effort, to get a fruitful return, seems worth it, don't ya think?)
    >|p >|p

I think it will be easier if someone just write a letter and we can all print it off and send it. Is there any good writers among us?

FORT Fogey
    Mr. Moonves is more interested in Julie Chen than he is in saving the finest reality/adventure show on television.

However, that is not to say that we must not all make a concerted effort if we consider ourselves fans of this show.

Just do it!

If we lose this show, it shouldn't be due to our apathy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast