+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Changes for TAR

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    let see..
    1) get rid of non-eliminate round.. That's just unfair and always save wrong teams.
    2) There shouldn't be a limit for using fast forward. Why limit to just one team per race ?
    3) disqualification for not following the "direction". Or at least let the team figure out what the mistake is and have them do it all over again!
    -Wrong teams? You mean Kelly and Jon or David and Jeff?
    -One Fast Forward per team is enough to me... Imagine having no limitations to the Fast Forward... Everyone will be rushing off first to try to win the Fast Forward in every episode to try to win. If they fail, then they go back...
    -Disqualification is also alright with me. I mean, it's more thrilling that way...

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    -Wrong teams? You mean Kelly and Jon or David and Jeff?
    -One Fast Forward per team is enough to me... Imagine having no limitations to the Fast Forward... Everyone will be rushing off first to try to win the Fast Forward in every episode to try to win. If they fail, then they go back...
    -Disqualification is also alright with me. I mean, it's more thrilling that way...
    I mean David and Jeff.

I mean One Fast Forward per team but multiple teams would be allowed to go for fast farward at the same race. There shouldn't be a restriction that if one team already completed a fast farward, the other teams can't do it again.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Umm... That would be no fun... cause it will be more exciting to see the teams get there to find the FF gone and feared that they could be eliminated.

ok.. keep the bunching it DOES help on the production side of things...
    Being disqualified for a mistake is a tad too harsh. we're human we're suppose to make mistakes- Got to remember the conditions that the racers are in. I remember last year when Heather and Eve got eliminated all the other teams got there really close together. Someone suggested last nite in other thread that Reichen and Chip should go back to do the shark tank over- which that is really ludicris(sp?) they didn't do anything wrong in the tank it was after the fact.plus the clowns were too far behind. allow me to get back to the this thread...
    no ties! no teams should be allowed to step on the mat together. It takes away alot imo. - takes away prizes for the those who won whatever leg like this current TAR.not all the teams that came in first in other legs got anything.- it makes a nice consulation prize depending on how far they get
    I like the mix of the different personalities- the flos, the kellys- i wouldn't watch this show if all the teams all nice to each other - take the Jerry Springer show (I am not a fan of that show) for instance- that show wouldn't have the following like it does- Nobody, regardless of who they are, what they do (ie models) should be kept from doing this show.
    Editing- got to remember this is an hour long show.its not up to us. Finally even though its nice to have favorites whether they are nice, argumentive, whatever. This is a race. I had mentioned before that this is study of human nature, the wacky things we say and do for money. Of all the reality shows
    out there this is the most realistic in terms of people aren't constantly figuring out how to present themselves on tv- these people are figuring out ways to win a race.
    I agree with giving the 1st team that were eliminated something nice, and that the 1st leg should be a NEL so that way we can get to know them.

1. Discontinue the non-elimination rounds.

2. Make the team members alternate doing the Roadblocks (suggested by someone else.) This forces teams to rely on both members, not just the strongest. This would impact teams afflicted with WFS (Whiny Flo Syndrome).

I've thought a lot about whether teams should be more 'even' at the start - for example, a requirement that all teams be one male, one female, in their 20s or 30s, - but decided there's no really good rationale for it. When an older team (Teri and Ian) came in second, and a male/female team (Flo and Zach) won, this argument was blown out of the water. There's little doubt, however, that a team that is both older and overweight is severely handicapped and has no realistic chance in this race.

FORT Fan
    LOL>>> I really have to laugh when people want "people from around the world" to race..

Flo...Florinka...one of the "most hated" was one of the only sort of "non americans"...she has dual italian/us citizenship and spent many years growing up in Italy from what I read...and frankly had a different "sensiblity" that many here in US hated..

I can just imagine how much USA people would despise europeans who smoke, eat huge meals, want a nap...

and if you go to disney world and get groups of people from other countries who take over the park LOL>> yippeee...

We would probably see sextist stuff...

throw in some folks from say Ireland..my own heritage, my grandparents from there..and they will want to stop for booze, music plus they swear a lot, want to go to Mass and love "joking" in the way that Kelly and Jon joke haha

How bout a team from say Amsterdam?? Looking for legal pot lol..

some european teams will be a LOT less puritanical than the average american too LOL
    wanna really have some "hated" teams?? then do the "from other country" stuff haha

Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    ...I mean One Fast Forward per team but multiple teams would be allowed to go for fast farward at the same race. There shouldn't be a restriction that if one team already completed a fast farward, the other teams can't do it again.
    I hate to ask, as I feel silly for not "getting" this, but I still don't know what you mean. Sorry!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Haha... I like your last one! "Picking people from all over the world! So it would be fun to watch your friends"... Yah... I personally would LOVE to join
    That's a great idea. It would be interesting to see how different cultures might deal with a situation.

Better yet, if TAR wanted to make it challenging in the future, put teams together from different countries and watch their process in figuring things out and dealing with their differences. That would probably be very tough, but sometimes people can surprise you, in a good way! That's just a thought.

I would also like to see negative stereotypes dispelled.

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    I think one thing that would be nice if they werent allowed to take cabs as much. There is too much dependancy on the cab driver. They should drive or walk more in my opion.
    What about an all walking episode, bus driving,train riding only episode!
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I hate to ask, as I feel silly for not "getting" this, but I still don't know what you mean. Sorry!
    I think what he meant was that more than one team can use the FF in each given leg. So that would have meant, for example, that Kelly and Jon would also have been able to use the FF when Reichen and Chip had already done it before them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast