+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 5 - "What Happens If I Slip? Am I Just Hanging Off a Cliff?"

Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    Paige and Blake took a lot of flack last season for not waking up the Grannies before they left the pit stop, presumably knowing that the Grannies had forgotten to set their alarm or something like that. Paige and Blake still managed to get positive editing for the rest of the show, but there were many viewers who thought they were nasty, even though other teams didn't bother to help them when they lost their wallet and had no money in an early leg and narrowly avoided elimination. It's a race, I won't rule out anything.

Most shocking, the team that fails to help another team is in AN ALLIANCE with the stranded team, so truly, when the alliance hits the fan. My guess based on that scenario, A&A fail to help Flo and Zach or Kathy and Michael.
    Again, good points, LG. And, the team that doesn't help the stranded team is in an alliance with the stranded team? Well, that does shed a whole new light on it. And I could see A&A passing F/Z or K/M right by and not giving it a second thought...

Ian definitely fills his vehicle with regular fuel instead of diesel.

Most shocking, the team that fails to help another team is in AN ALLIANCE with the stranded team, so truly, when the alliance hits the fan. My guess based on that scenario, A&A fail to help Flo and Zach or Kathy and Michael.
    How do you know this LG?
    Was that stated on the preview for this weeks show?

We can rule out Teri and Ian and Andre and Damon as they don't have an alliance with anyone, not that I'm aware of anyway.
    Actually, I think you can also add John Vito and Jill to the list.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, D/D and K/G don't have an alliance either, they just worked together on that one leg of the race.

I think the previews showed Kathy/Michael, Andre/Damon, Ian/Tery, and I believe, A/A using the wrong kind of gasoline.
    Since Kathy/Michael & A/A are on the alliance, I'm guessing it's one of those 2 teams that won't get any help from the others.

LG.
    Sorry for the confusion. I DON'T KNOW that the team that leaves another team stranded is in an alliance with them, it's just a speculation becuase I just think it would be the "most shocking" scenario. It probably isn't, I just think it would be the most interesting as it would generate the most hurt feelings and resentment.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I do hope you are right thoug LG!
    Wouldn't it be grand?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Ok so what is the problem with one team seeing another broken down and not stopping to help? Unless they are out in the boonies with no traffic , I wouldn't stop either, I mean, you are in a race!!! Nobody stops to help someone else in car races, bike races, the triathalon..... so why stop then unless some type of major safety factor is involved and then I would only give them a lift to the next town.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I guess the only big thing would be that if they are in an alliance it might make a difference.
    You are right though Ili... "Lance Armstrong lost the Tour de France because he stopped to help someone fix their tire"... Nope, don't see it happening!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    that's why I was thinking it was among people in an alliance.

Either that or the team that fails to stop has ample time and opportunity to help them out, either they have room for the team in their vehicle or something that wouldn't put the "helping" team in jeopardy of losing time, and knowing that they refuse to aid another team, but again, if they aren't in physical danger, it is a race, after all. . .
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

My favorite thing about this episode was that the teams that I like actually put diesel fuel in their SUVs. I must applaud Teri and Ian for their solution on draining the gas. Flo really irritated me. She whines soooo much! A & A...well, I was just glad to see them delayed back to last place...even though they weren't eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast