+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: this season compared to last season

This season doesn't lay a finger or hold a candle to AR3. I loved every single second of AR3. I've found myself bored alot in AR4 episodes.
    Derek & Drew and Tian & Jaree = Best.Amazing.Race.Teams.Ever.

http://ddtjamazingrace.cjb.net

hmm well different personalities of each contestants i guess have great impact on if you are gonna like the show...

FORT Newbie
    This installment definitely needed Steve and Dave to last longer. Just given the significant popularity K&G got from TAR3 shows how much you need a witty, out-of-shape, and comical (even if unintentional) team competing in the race to cheer for. It is without question the best moment I've seen since I started watching (Prem TAR2-Present) was K&G on the Punts in England. The fact that they knew they were in a race, knew they had to get the task done, and still found the time to make complete fools out of themselves and laugh along with the spectators was extremely genuine. Steve and Dave were definitely this type of team. I know others would be quick to highlight Jon & Al for comparison, but their humor just seems artificial and incredibly forced.

The fact that we STILL don't even have a clear idea on David & Jeff (and they make up 25% of the remaining racers...), goes towards proving that this installment is lacking within the entertainment values of these teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Myersfan31
    This season doesn't lay a finger or hold a candle to AR3. I loved every single second of AR3. I've found myself bored alot in AR4 episodes.
    That's right... I wonder why that is so...

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Much of my friends prefer TAR3 to TAR4... For me, they are ALL great! (Since I only watch from TAR3 onwards)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceburgh
    This installment definitely needed Steve and Dave to last longer.
    Difference of opinion here. To me, one of the problems with TAR4 was Steve & Dave's barely continued existence through Legs 3 & 4. Those legs basically became competitions between them and another trailing team (Russell & Cindy and Steve & Josh, respectively) to see which one would survive. As the other 7 or 8 teams were never in any real danger of elimination on those legs, it just sucked the life out of those episodes.

Leo
    Premium Member
    At least Steve & Dave were an interesting team - I can't say the same for David & Jeff. David & Jeff must be setting a record for the least airtime for a team which has made it this far.

really liked TAR3 over TAR4. but what i like about this season is that its flo-less. LOL!
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. .

hmm... well maybe cause of the romance that happened in TAR3 that made it pretty interesting

FORT Newbie
    TAR3 was definitely much more fun to watch ... maybe because of Flo?

And I loved the older couple. I think that would be Teri and Ian, right? This season's contestants have been less memorable, I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast