+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why no reunion?

Dex

Why no reunion?

I was wondering why TAR doesn't have a reunion episode after each season like Survivor I'm sure many people would be interested to know what happened to the racers after the race ended, especially prominent ones like Kevin and Drew (did I get their names right? the 2 frat brothers from season 1),Team Guido, Danny and Oswald (love them!) , Heather and Eve (ha!) etc. Wouldn't it be fun to know whether Will and Tara from season 2 are still together, or how Flo is spending her prize money?

What do you guys think?

Yah........i think they should have one...........like KELLY AND jon will they get married? Or what happend to their trips? Like survivor!!!! WHY NOT???

Dex is on the ball. I was thinking the same thing. (Great minds think alike) I only watched Survivor the first season and did not see their reunion. The Real World has two. One is just with the members from that season with a studio audience. They also have had it with the previous groups together.

I'm really THAT Dave
    I think that if the show pulled in better ratings, you might see a reunion show. However, I doubt one is likely as the ratings stand now.

And since you asked, here's what I know of the previous season's racers (having met a few at the premiere party we had for this season):

Team Guido: Still together and as evil as ever. They actually tried to block the entrance to the elevator serving floors 15-25 at the Palms hotel in Vegas, since the elevator serving their floor hadn't arrived yet and they didn't want any of the other racers in attendance to get a jump on them.

Tara (of Will and Tara): Now working as a marriage counselor, but faced with a potential Chapter 11 proceeding if business doesn't pick up.

Shola & Doyin (did I spell that right?): Operating a highly successful stand-in business in L.A. Current clients include Shaquille O'Neal, Samuel L. Jackson, and Ray Romano.

Flo (of Flo and Zach): Followed up AR3 win with a largely successful motivational speaking tour, "Never Give Up, Never Get Mad, and Win".

Cindy & Russell (the originals): Recently filed lawsuit against producers of The Amazing Race for name infringement.

Michael (of Michael & Kathy): Seeking a publisher for his first book, "Only 15 Minutes? I Demand a Half Hour!".

Nancy (mom, of team Momily): Enjoying her time after AR, but still not reading the nasty message boards.

(Well...that's what SHOULD have happened...)

Dave

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh my god.

That's funny.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Actually I talked to team Guido about the elevator incident, and word is that they just happened to arrive at the elevator 3 seconds before everyone else did. In fact you all created the emotional...energy of what ended up happening. It was "break your legs" and then an hour later there was pushing and shoving.

Dex
    Hey Dave, that was hilarious!

But I don't understand why TAR isn't doing very well ratings-wise... it's quite popular here in Singapore...

In any case, a reunion episode will still be very interesting In the meantime I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

CJT

Cool Dave!

That is so cool Dave! What happened to you and Steve?
    I think they should go for an all star "Amazing Race" game too...

I'm really THAT Dave
    I really can't talk about what happened to Steve and I...yet. Let's just say "Rosie Ruiz", mm-K?

Dave

I would kill to see a reuinion show. There's so much the viewers want to know. Thank God the racers are cool people and post on boards to fullfill the drooling fans! :p
    Derek & Drew and Tian & Jaree = Best.Amazing.Race.Teams.Ever.

http://ddtjamazingrace.cjb.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast