+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Why no reunion?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by acid jazz
    a TAR reunion would be really great, it'd be awesome to see all the teams once again. hearing what they had to say and share on all their funny and memorable experiences during the race would be very very interesting and fun.
    Absolutely!!

Well, it looks like no reunion show. Not that it was ever a real good possibility, but we could dream, right?

You'd think they would have done some special TAR stuff for the next few weeks until Survivor starts up again. There will be three Thursdays before Survivor. One week could have been a reunion show with TAR4 racers. One week could have been a reunion show with former racers. And one week could have been some never-before-seen film, and maybe some best-of scenes.

And, I know last season only the top 3 were on Early Show after the finale, along with Phil, and the big check was presented to Flo & Zach.

And, I agree about the Survivor reunion. I watch almost all episodes of Survivor, and the reunion, but it is not the most thrilling hour of TV, that is for certain. Here is my hypothetical discussion that may take place during the next Survivor reunion show...

Jeff: "So, xxx, remember on day 385, when you were dirty and smelly and very tired of eating rice, and you plotted against one of your former allies--did you think what was a good move, or that it might come back to haunt you?"

xxx: "At some point in time you have to make a move for yourself, and I was getting so paranoid seeing everyone whispering all the time, I had to go for it. The whole time I was thinking how great it would be to get off this freakin' island and get to travel around the world and see great places and do crazy things like race up the stairs of the Eiffel Tower, or see Nelson Mandela's prison cell, or play some made-up Scottish Highland games, or get strapped to the blades of a windmill for a wild ride. Oh well, Phil, er I mean Jeff, I guess I sent my application to the wrong address."

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    Well, it looks like no reunion show. Not that it was ever a real good possibility, but we could dream, right?
    yeah! i guess we could just dream. TAR itself is on the bubble and im guessing CBS won't just make any attempt for a reunion, they didn't do it in the previous seasons anyway.

been hearing so many news about TAR's future and it is still not looking good, although nothing's final yet, im still hoping that CBS will not dump the show. it has an emmy nomination, a huge loyal fan base, the critics love it, increased ratings, why the heck would they cancel it?

FORT Regular
    It would be great if they had the amazing race 4 reunion special. I'd watch! I can't get enough of the show.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayson
    It would be great if they had the amazing race 4 reunion special. I'd watch! I can't get enough of the show.
    same here, i can't get enough of TAR either, i just love the show!

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I can't get enough of it too and I just wanna watch every re-run episodes... I got so pissed when my dad wanna watch the bloody news instead... and I was like f***ed you man... (sorry for the language)

Well, just a few posts ago I said that last year after the finale episode they only had the Top 3 Teams on The Early Show the next morning for the prize presentation.

The Good News is this...this morning they had all 12 of the Teams on The Early Show. And the segment was actually pretty long, so that was nice--I'd say it went 5-7 minutes. Phil came out, presented the check, gave Reichen a hug, and generally congratulated ALL of the Teams for a wonderful season. He was gleaming--he definitely appears to still enjoy doing this (who wouldn't?).

So, I guess we could consider this a mini-reunion, although they only talked to the Top 3 Teams. At least the others were all there. And, I believe some of their family members were there too--there was a small group of people standing behind all of the Racers (who were seated in 2-3 rows of chairs). Based on what I remember of a picture of rc'smum over in one of R&C threads here, I think I saw her holding a small child, but not 100% sure.

I am sure someone will (or already has) started a thread about The Early Show "reunion". Eventually CBS will put a video of the segment on their Early Show page of their website--at least they always have in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    The Good News is this...this morning they had all 12 of the Teams on The Early Show. And the segment was actually pretty long, so that was nice--I'd say it went 5-7 minutes.
    Not all were there--Tian & Jaree were noticeably absent, and I think also Steve & Josh, and Russell were missing. And those are family members behind the teams; the night before there was a TARcon held by another forum, and most of the teams were there (except for the ones already mentioned above) with their loved ones; David & Jeff brought along their girlfriends, and David even had his parents along. Reichen's Mum and relatives were also there, along with Phil and producer Betrand Von Munster.
    Last edited by imbiyerna; 08-22-2003 at 11:45 AM.

Yep, my bad, oops! I made a general blanket statement that "all 12 teams" were there. That was just my impression as I watched it. But I later read in the thread dedicated to this morning's "reunion" that some were absent. So, I was wrong. I guess it would be safe to assume though that CBS intended for ALL 12 teams to be there though given it was not just the Top 3 like last year. Just looks like some either couldn't or didn't want to make it.

I also missed seeing that Bertram VM was there. Interesting, indeed! I don't think he was directly interviewed or shown or talked to during the segment, so I think it is nice to know that he felt it was important enough to be present even though it would be as a bystander. He surely had to take time away from something to be here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345