+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Post show discussion **spoilers**

Last season, most of the non-elimination legs have been the first hour of a 2-hour episode. They do 2 episodes back-to-back, the first one non-elimination, and the second is a regular elimination. That way, people don't get too peeved.

Mrsjc2, Cali will have an awesome recap up here today or tomorrow, which will fill in all the blanks for you, definitely.

And of course, later today, I'll be posting the transcript from my interview with Heather and Eve.

Now my thoughts on the episode:

Flo & Zach - started off really making me mad, but by the end, they were okay. Flo is a whiner, and I've come to accept it.

Aaron & Arianne - Is Arianne capable of opening her mouth without an anti-Twin sentiment coming out? I haven't yet heard her say ONE SINGLE THING that wasn't twin-related. Hello, obsession calling, is Arianne there? Just race your frickin' race, and forget about the twins for a minute. I was almost sorry to see these 2 stay in the game, but not quite.

Derek & Drew - These guys rock. I don't care if another pair of young alpha males wins this game at this point, they're tied for tops in my book for this season so far. Except I really hope they accidentally burn those picnic-tablecloth sleeveless shirts.

Ken & Gerard - You go, guys! These guys are the other team tied for my favorites. I like that they don't hold the Twin-hatred, and even aligned with them when it was convenient (and dropped the alliance when it wasn't - smart move). But, they need to learn how to row a boat

Michael & Kathy - Props to these 2 for keeping up good spirits even when the cabbie got them lost. By hanging in there, and not giving up, they stayed in the game. Excellent job, and I'm almost liking these two now. Almost.

John Vito & Jill - Didn't see too much of these two this week. Not liking Jill's hair in this episode though (is that something I dare pick on?) - just too "out there" for me. Again, their physical strength and caring attitude got them through.

Andre & Damon - Why didn't they jump in H&E's truck and drive it out of the way when they were delivering wine? And did the instructions specifically say they needed to deliver the wine in a specific order? I think they got royally screwed on this leg, and I hope it doesn't effect them.

Teri & Ian - What good does yelling for a cab in an airport terminal do you? Especially in a country where English is not the native language. But, Ian did decent on the soccer field,, and they didn't have to for the FF, and it looked like all they could do to crawl to the mat at the pitstop. Do they have enough steam left to be competitive?

Heather & Eve - Heather is obviously carrying this team, but doesn't seem to want to be in charge. She lets Eve drive (even though it's obvious she doesn't know how), read clues (even though she obviously can't read), and even has to talk her into skydiving. Heather, feel free to re-apply, with someone else.

I think I got everyone, but if I missed a team, I just wasn't paying enough attention, or I was laughing too hard at H&E.

Originally posted by Modesty
    I too was wondering what everyone had against the twins, if it is true Wolf, that it's only b/c they are cute, that's pretty low, imo.
    Arrianne actually said she didn't like them, then mentioned that all they have is good looks and straight teeth. I took that to mean that was her reason for not liking them
    We have seen nothing on air that would give any indication as to why A&A are so against them.
    This, honestly, is the main reason that I do not like A&A.

Originally posted by JRWas it just me, or did some of these people seem to be afraid of the soccer ball? They didn't look like they were making much of an effort.
    JR, I have been goalie at some of the parent kid games. I am scared to death of the ball I would think I'd do better defending against straight on kicks only because who at least see the ball before it's kicked... a tad easier than when a group of 6 people are running at you full speed Seeing that these kids really know how to play soccer, I would have been a little reluctant. MUST ADD that the kick Arrianne finally stopped was a pretty weak kick... I'm thinking the kid felt sorry for her and had proved his point, so took an easy kick right to her.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

And did the instructions specifically say they needed to deliver the wine in a specific order?
    I think they did. At least that's what I got from the instructions. Heather/Eve really screwed A/D.

I'm thinking the kid felt sorry for her and had proved his point, so took an easy kick right to her.
    That's exactly what I thought, Cali. She would've been there longer, if that kid hadn't kicked the ball so soft.

Cali, that's why I don't like A/A either. The only reason both of them having giving for not liking the Twins are that they are pretty and athletic. :rolleyes

I think the reason A&A (and some of the other teams) hate the Twins is because for the past 2 seasons, the young, 2 alpha-male team has won the game. And the Twins are the only team fitting that description this season, so the other teams want to eliminate them early.

Hmmm, that's a good point John.

I think any team can win any given leg of the race, but stamina definately plays a part later on.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yeah, I am throwing out the alpha male thing too!

Because I want either the twins or Ken/Gerard! (John Vito and Jill I have as a back-up plan-- at least right now )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

The instructions for the wine delivery said the first two sites could be visited in either order, but the clue location had to be visited last.

Got the impression that Phil knew the lawyers had screwed up. Instead of saying, "You're Team #1," he said, "You're the first team to arrive." He definitely knew something was up.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

PKeeper
    Funniest line of the night IMO was when Eve interpreted the "Walk to the Pit Stop" as walking into the Pit Stop.

What?... as opposed to dropping in by Helicoper? :

Originally posted by Paulie
    The instructions for the wine delivery said the first two sites could be visited in either order, but the clue location had to be visited last.

Got the impression that Phil knew the lawyers had screwed up. Instead of saying, "You're Team #1," he said, "You're the first team to arrive." He definitely knew something was up.
    I noticed that too, Paulie. In fact, I told Joey that very thing (that Phil usually says, "You're team #1...You're team #2..."). Also, when the last team arrives, Phil tells them that their arriving last means they've been eliminated. He didn't say that part to A&A last night...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123