+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVD shows

I can understand the syndication thing, but I heard that TAR was doing very poorly in syndication (someone here mentioned that if I remember correctly...?). Anyway, it would definitely be easy money -- not too expensive to make the DVDs and include extra material that was edited for time... and of course since they own the episodes, the profit should be good even with lower sales. This is why many older TV shows are coming to full-season DVDs.
    What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. -Samuel Johnson

I didn't mean worldwide syndication.. I meant Re-Runs Syndication. TAR hasn't started that road. On fact, the only one that I know of that has is the original Reality shows - The Real World and Road Rules.. they have them on late at night on one of the UHF stations here in Dallas. If TAR were to be put on DVD then nobody would ever option for the rights to it. The good news is that Reality Central, the all new "all Reality, all the time" station will be launched next February (with Brennan of TAR1 as one of the founders). He sends out e-mails time to time for people that have expressed interest and has alluded to having the TAR's on the new channel. Fingers crossed! By the way, if you would like to see Reality Central on your cable or satelite, he is asking that you write "I want Reality Central" on your next few bills that you send in. That way you don't have to right some letter or call someone, it is an effortless way to request that it be added to your provider. Just a thought...
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Survivor and TAR should be released with all episodes, behind the scenes, bonus features galore, etc.!

TAR should also be run on the Travel Channel (for example.) Wouldn't that make sense?

~Darrin

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Are the DVDs only in USA? What about Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrious
    Has anyone heard anything about CBS releasing the full seasons on DVD of such shows as TAR, Survivor, etc...? That would be really cool...
    Yeah, I'm sure lots of fans or fanatics will buy them...

Quote Originally Posted by hornplayer
    Survivor and TAR should be released with all episodes, behind the scenes, bonus features galore, etc.!

TAR should also be run on the Travel Channel (for example.) Wouldn't that make sense?

~Darrin
    TARS runs on the outdoor living network here where i live. I just saw last week's episode again Sunday night at midnight.

FORT Regular
    is it okay to request for a DVD of TAR (all seasons) on CBS' Feedback page??

If yes then i will have to keep on requesting and requesting ... hehe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12