+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AR gets an Emmy nomination

When are the Emmys and on which station?

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    When are the Emmys and on which station?
    Sunday, September 21st at 8PM on Fox

Emmy show
    The Emmy award show is scheduled for Sunday September 21. A total of 27 awards are scheduled to be presented live. However, over a week earlier, on Saturday September 13, a total of 62 awards will be given. I am pretty sure that the award TAR was nominated for may be given during the earlier ceremony. During the Sep 21 live broadcast then they usually make mention of those winners from the earlier ceremony.

TAR's nomination
    As I noted in an earlier post...
    The award that TAR is nominated for is an "area" award. This means that any number of the nominees can win. Each nominee is considered separate from one another. They are not competing against each other.

In a normal "category" award (for example, Outstanding Lead Actress Comedy Series), each member of the Academy votes for one winner. The one with the most votes wins--the others lose.

However, in an "area" award, each member of the Academy votes Yes/No for EACH nominee, indicating whether or not they feel it deserves an award. For each nominee if enough members (two-thirds, that is) vote Yes then it wins an award.

So, in an "area", it could turn out that NONE of the nominees wins an award. Or, they could ALL win. Or, anywhere in between those extremes.

TAR's "competition"
    I personally think TAR is the best of the nominees. However, putting personal feelings somewhat aside, I'd be okay if one or more of the other nominees wins also. But, if TAR isn't among the winners someone should ask the Academy voters to promptly remove theirs head from...you know where.

Can we just blame Flo if TAR doesn't win? Or, maybe we thank her if it does win.

Previous nominations...anyone know?
    This current nomination is for TAR3. It isn't specified in the nomination list, but based on what I know was submitted to the Academy, it is TAR3 (Three episodes I think). Apparently someone submits "stuff" to the Academy "for consideration". Then the Academy decides what is worthy of being nominated. Then they nominate. Then they vote.

My question is...I know the original TAR1 was submitted to the Academy "for consideration", but I do not know if they were nominated or won. Does anyone know? I found a complete list of 2002 Emmy nominations and did not see any TAR. And it wouldn't have been eligible for 2001 Emmy. So, I think I've answered my own question, but does anyone have any additional insight?

CJT

Flo

FLO is the girl I LOVE... to hate! But, go Flo go! It was entertaining
    watching you in TAR3. TAR3 wouldn't be the same without you.
    Poor Zach...

Thanks for the air date.
    On another thread, a concern about TAR popularity/ratings was stated. Hopefully this nomination/nod will help boost its popularity. This is the first season I watched it and I have enjoyed it a lot.

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar
    The category of Reality/Competition Program will be presented at the big ceremony on the 21st. In past years, the category (which was "Special Class Program" I think) would have been presented at the smaller, Creative Arts Emmys ceremony.

My question is...I know the original TAR1 was submitted to the Academy "for consideration", but I do not know if they were nominated or won. Does anyone know? I found a complete list of 2002 Emmy nominations and did not see any TAR. And it wouldn't have been eligible for 2001 Emmy. So, I think I've answered my own question, but does anyone have any additional insight?
    Yes, since TAR1 aired in 2001, they would have been considered for the 2002 Primetime Emmys. I don't think they were nominated, and I believe this is the show's first Emmy nomination.

A few days ago (before the most recent episode, I think) I saw my first commercial for TAR since the Emmy Nomination. While the preview commercial is running they added a statue (I guess it's what the award will look like) next to the show name, and added some text like "Emmy Nominated..." with the category name. Nice!

Also, they list all of their nominees on their CBS home page (not the TAR page, but the main cbs page). It's down in the lower right section.

FORT Regular
    C'mon TAR!!!!! Please win the Emmy for us TAR fans out here!!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbird001
    C'mon TAR!!!!! Please win the Emmy for us TAR fans out here!!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

please please win the emmy TAR!!!

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I usually don't watch the Emmy's but I will this year just to watch TAR win!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast