+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about TAR but were afraid to ask

Dex
    By the way, it was originally worn by Eskimo/Inuit people.
    Thanks Bill! Somehow furry collars come to mind... :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by bill
    For protection against extreme cold, such as 'minus 25 C or lower', the parka is possibly the warmest piece of clothing on earth.
    Wow... a sure way to die would be to wear that in Singapore

Dave and Steve, thanks for the info and the .

Yet another question: Are racers allowed to brown-bag food from the pit stop for the next day’s meal? :eat

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    Dave and Steve, thanks for the info and the .
    Glad I could help, and even more glad I made you smile once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    Yet another question: Are racers allowed to brown-bag food from the pit stop for the next day’s meal? :eat
    Well, there wasn't a rule against it. However, I don't recall seeing anyone take food from the pit stop and save it for the leg. I know that both Steve and I took some bottled water a few times, but I never saw anyone stuffing a lasagna into their pack...

Dave

Dex
    Hey Steve and Dave thanks for answering our questions! See the good thing about FORT is that we get our questions answered!

Here's another question for you, don't know whether it's been asked before: sounds silly, but... do the racers take pictures? I know they won't have time to do that while they're racing, but during the 12-hour rest period do they get to do any sightseeing? or do they straightaway, after sorting out the laundry and other stuff? Wouldn't it be a shame to visit such a beautiful country like Italy (Venice!!) and Switzerland but not have time to take in the sights?
    Last edited by Dex; 08-04-2003 at 03:00 AM.

How much money do you get if you don't win the contest? The winners get one million dollars, but does everyone else get squat if they don't win? (During the first Survivor, it was let out that 3rd place got something like 75k, 4th got 50k, and so on and so forth). What do you get if you don't win? Nothing?
    There is a clip of Danny and Oswald from the Craig Kilburn show on their website that asked them if they won any money for coming in fourth, they said no. That night have changed but I dunno. I would imagine that they still get to pull down their per diem which is estimated at $3000 a month. I know you can't give specifics Dave, but is this in the general ballpark?

HEre is a question that I have (and yes I search for it but the four word, four letter lenght inquiry kept popping up as the error. So how do the tix for the camera guys work? When you reserve tickets do you have to actually buy 4 tickets to accomodate them as well?
    "'Your best?' Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

Quote Originally Posted by Dex
    Hey Steve and Dave thanks for answering our questions! See the good thing about FORT is that we get our questions answered!

Here's another question for you, don't know whether it's been asked before: sounds silly, but... do the racers take pictures? I know they won't have time to do that while they're racing, but during the 12-hour rest period do they get to do any sightseeing? or do they straightaway, after sorting out the laundry and other stuff? Wouldn't it be a shame to visit such a beautiful country like Italy (Venice!!) and Switzerland but not have time to take in the sights?
    Yup, I'd like to know that too...

I thought they aren't allowed their own cameras... do they mean they even have to pull the cameramans with them to take their pictures? i doubt it

Here's another question for you, don't know whether it's been asked before: sounds silly, but... do the racers take pictures? I know they won't have time to do that while they're racing, but during the 12-hour rest period do they get to do any sightseeing? or do they snooze straightaway, after sorting out the laundry and other stuff? Wouldn't it be a shame to visit such a beautiful country like Italy (Venice!!) and Switzerland but not have time to take in the sights?
    No cameras less than 80 lbs. (?kg) are allowed. Dave made some fabulous charcoal drawings of all the places we went to and I painted in watercolors.
    And after being up for 48 hours (?kg) would you want to go sightseeing? I thought not. Dave and I went straight to the local nudie bars.

Yeah, I'll bet those girls give really good...directions.

FORT Regular
    Hi Dave and Steve. I was wondering if you could help me out on this one. How do you folks and the other contestants manage to find the bus tickets in that galleria in Milan? I mean, that galleria is a huge place, and I would have no idea where I would begin looking. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. Are there particular spots in the galleria that would give the locations away? I know some teams got the tickets because other teams told them where they were. Looking at the episode, it looks like the teams seem to have found the tickets quite quickly.

I'm also very curious as to how much all that airfare costed for the entire TAR4 season.

And by the way, thank you for all those insightful responses posted earlier in the thread.

+ Reply to Thread