+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you wanted to know about TAR but were afraid to ask

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Few reality shows really announce what the non-winners get, so it's not too surprising that TAR doesn't say either.
    Yep, I don't think that even Survivor has announced what it's actual payouts from 3rd on down are, but I know that there have been may lists published based on what those voted off have said.

Let's just say that Steve and I got something for our *sterling* 8th place finish....but not a whole lot more than Debra and Steve got for their 12th place finish...

Dave

And it's amazing how fast your winnings get blown on strippers in Bisbon, Bortugal, isn't it?

I actually made more a tiny bit more money on blackjack in Misbon then our race winnings. And I made $1751 Dollars in blackjack.

I had read somewhere sometime something similar to Dave's response regarding the crew having to take another cab sometimes. Obviously as a Racer, you'd *REALLY* rather get everyone into one cab if possible. I think I'd rather be uncomfortable for awhile than having to worry about potential for problems with two cabs trying to follow one another. Fewer cabs = fewer flat tires / running out of gas / overheating / etc. Racers, am I right? Are there times when a second cab may have been more comfortable, but you didn't want to wait for one or take a chance having two?

Also, on that note though, I wonder---
    If you have to split into two cabs do the crew pay their own fare? Seems like they would, just like they buy their own plane/train tickets.

In another thread here in the TAR forum, a link to an article (a very recent one) about reality winners was posted. It refers to TAR2's Blake & Paige (3rd place) as splitting $25K. Of course it's not official, but seems reasonable, I'd say. With 1st place splitting $1M, a reasonable assumption for 2nd place might be to split $100K or $50K. Then, 3rd place splitting $25K would seem reasonable. I imagine 4th place through 12th place drops off substantially from the 1st - 3rd. Wouldn't be surprised if 12th place splits several hundred or maybe $1000 or so.

As a side note, I read recently that for All-Star Survivor, everyone is getting at least $25K (I'm real sure that's what I remember reading). Anyone else read this anywhere?

The "Gutsy Grannies" overslept in TAR2 by quite a bit. Fighting for position near the back of the pack, Blake & Paige knew they had overslept but chose not to wake them up.

Then in TAR3, "Team 911" also overslept, but only by a few minutes.

Although it was never shown in TAR4, I have to wonder. Our beloved Dave & Steve ("ATC", "BFG", etc.) had the "Amazing Stroll" philosophy during the Race. I just have to wonder if they didn't hit the *snooze* button a few too many times on their alarm at some pit stop during the Race??? After all, what's the hurry right? The cheese isn't going anywhere--it'll still be there when they get there.

I don't recall any team ever purposely misleading another team. Such as telling them specific wrong directions. Like "go to Main Street and turn right" when they know it's really "go to Oak Street and turn left". But there have been a few times when they have withheld information.

TAR3 John Vito & Jill told Teri & Ian that they had not yet found the haystack location, when in fact they were already done and were leaving it.

TAR4 Marseilles lighthouse. Some teams seemed like they were trying to not help the others find it.

Several times teams have withheld their exact ticket information. But that's not really the same. The teams all know where they are going, just maybe not when/how/etc. There are probably others.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

I'm really THAT Dave
    Steve gave you a real good idea of what each of us (he and I) got. I don't really want to have to spell it out for you, but how good are you at subtracting 1 from something?

Dave

I was quietly avoiding that little detail.

....I see nothing!...

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I was quietly avoiding that little detail.

....I see nothing!...

And, as usual, I say nothing... :rolleyes

Dave

I too silently thought that the $1751 blackjack winnings were most likely $1 more than TAR winnings. I just wasn't sure whether that total was EACH or TOTAL.

I just didn't want to be the one who breaks the TAR-winnings-are-the-biggest-secret-ever code of silence. Instead I chose to ramble on and on aimlessly about how the stated blackjack winnings fall nicely into line with how I and many others had envisioned the "pay scale" for TAR.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

FORT Newbie

Thanks!!!

heya, been around a month on this thread and just read it all today.

Thanks SO MUCH Dave and Steve(s) and Josh for the posts filling us in on the behind the scenes stuff.

TAR is the single best reality show on right now, BAR NONE. Primarily because it really is a competition and not a back-stabbing drama. Survivor is good too (as is The Apprentice).

Anyway, my wife and I have watched all episodes of all four... and TAR4 was the first we watched with my two kids -- finally something we can watch as a family. We had to explain the "married" aspect of C/R which was annoying, but oh well.

So I was looking for info on TAR5 and stumbled on this site and this great thread and just wanted to thank you guys again.

Most of my questions I've ever wondered were addressed here, but if I think of more, I'll pass them on.

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeLonewolf
    ...Thanks SO MUCH Dave and Steve(s) and Josh for the posts filling us in on the behind the scenes stuff.

TAR is the single best reality show on right now, BAR NONE. Primarily because it really is a competition and not a back-stabbing drama. Survivor is good too (as is The Apprentice).

Anyway, my wife and I have watched all episodes of all four... and TAR4 was the first we watched with my two kids -- finally something we can watch as a family. We had to explain the "married" aspect of C/R which was annoying, but oh well.

So I was looking for info on TAR5 and stumbled on this site and this great thread and just wanted to thank you guys again.

Most of my questions I've ever wondered were addressed here, but if I think of more, I'll pass them on.
    You're very welcome. I agree that TAR is the best of the reality show genre, but I really don't hold out too much hope of it lasting much longer - unless it gets a ratings explosion in TAR5.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread